Release GemRB

Ok this should do it. I checked my installation on Pandora.

The folder should be 'gemrb' not 'gemrb065' on pandora/appdata.

http://www.gibberlin...net/widescreen/

The broken link had a space on the end. Downloads are on the left side menu.

@Disco Devil

My Pandora is inoperational atm, but as I recall you need to drop the gamefiles into a subdirectory of gemrb in appdata. That way you can choose multiple games. Baldur's Gate 2 subdirectory is "bg2" I believe, and I would venture a guess that each selection on the opening screen when you start gemrb is the name of the folder it's going to look for. Just a guess though.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.gibberlin...net/widescreen/

The broken link had a space on the end. Downloads are on the left side menu.

@Disco Devil

My Pandora is inoperational atm, but as I recall you need to drop the gamefiles into a subdirectory of gemrb in appdata. That way you can choose multiple games. Baldur's Gate 2 subdirectory is "bg2" I believe, and I would venture a guess that each selection on the opening screen when you start gemrb is the name of the folder it's going to look for. Just a guess though.

Ah, how exactly do I run/use the file?

So, does anyone know what needs to be done to the GemRB engine to get BG2 playable on the Pandora? I'm more curious about a high level view than anything as I'm not too familiar with the porting process. I've looked through the source some, and I'm starting to do some small optimizations, but nothing pandora specific yet. Hopefully one day we can have a playable BG2 on the Pandy :)

From what i know the support for IWD2 in GemRB ain't that good for the moment. I think they are more focused on getting the Baldur's Gate games and IWD1 to work flawlessly.

I've tried this, now, with the GOG version of BG1. It's good fun, innit? :) I've never played Baldurs Gate before, so it is a new experience entirely.

It is not entirely stable, though. First time I tried, I got a segfault when going to the abilities screen at character creation. Later, whilst playing, I've gotten a few weird glitches, like once when the panels at the bottom and at the right disappeared. I had the lefthand "main menu", but black "holes" where the other UI items were supposed to be. Solved by saving, quitting and reloading.

So, I'm just wondering: Is this normal (as in - Does this happen to anybody else), or have I done something wrong somewhere?

The 0.6.6 version is out since 2 months, it would be great to upgrade the pandora version.

Any chance we could get GemRB 0.7.0 ported to Pandora any time soon? It seems that BG1, BG2, and IWD all run fairly well now. It would be awesome to get this on the repo :)

Yep, time to get back on the horse...

I will try to get it updated the coming days.

Can't wait for this. I've recently re bought Neverwinter Nights from GOG (Having lost my Platinum boxset in a house move LOL) and playing that has reminded me how good the older bioware games were, so now I'm itching for some portable BG1,2, IWD PST etc Those at least I didn't lose ;)

I havn't played with GemRB on Pandora since the early versions and it was a bit too buggy for me back then.

BTW $9.99 for NWN Diamond is a great price for those interested in decent RPGs.

Yep, time to get back on the horse... I will try to get it updated the coming days.
Wooot that's great! My new Pandora from GC should arrive soon (already got a confirmation mail from ED) and GemRB is definitively one of the very first apps i will try out! :)

Back