Release GemRB

JurnD

Still Fresh
Thought I'd make a topic for GemRB updates.

I just put GemRB 0.6.5 in the repo.

Jurn

PS. At the moment, only Baldur's Gate 1 is playable enough for my taste. BG2 is far too slow for now.

damn community slowdowns. when will we be able to run baldurs gate 3?

just to let you know, when i updated from 64 to 65, 64 still stayed in my pandora/desktop folder because its a different filename from 64, and only 64 is showing up in desktop. updated using panorama for what its worth

edit:eek:k sorry it does look like it an error on panorama/libmilky part. problem has been reported

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I've some problem. I've copied bg1 data file in appdata/gemrb, but when i launch gemrb, nothing happens.

In /tmp/pndrun_gemrb.out I see the following messages:

[Config]: Trying to open bg1.cfg

[Core]: Unable to create cache directory './bg1/Cache'

I don't understand where it's trying to create the directory (ie: what is the current directory in that moment).

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Diego.

just to make sure.....you have bg1 data in pandora/appdata/gemrb/bg1 right?

also read the documentation first please and look through here

Thanks for the update!

But I have no sound after upgrading from 0.6.4 to 0.6.5. All games are running fine (BG1, BG2, IWD (custom.cfg), PST) but without sound/music. Has anybody a link to 0.6.4 version please? Edit: ok, I didn't notice the "Archived" button on repo.

just to make sure.....you have bg1 data in pandora/appdata/gemrb/bg1 right?

Sorry, my mistake, I've copied in gemrb and not in gemrb/bg1.

also read the documentation first please and look through here

To be honest, I'd some problem with documentation. The thread is long, and it is difficult find the information you need. There is a better place to look at for installing the game?

whats your problem with documentation, you click the file and read it, just like reading an 8 page thread, get used to it around here, handouts dont come easy, especially if you refuse to read

whats your problem with documentation, you click the file and read it, just like reading an 8 page thread, get used to it around here, handouts dont come easy, especially if you refuse to read

The problem with documentation is that when I selected GemRB from Documentation menu in xfce, an arora window appear, with nothing inside. I discovered now, that i've to wait for about 20 second before the text appear O:).

Thanks again.

I had GemRB 0.6.3 and BG1 and IWD were working fine. When trying GemRB 0.6.5 I can't hear any sound in any of these games. So I switched back to GemRB 0.6.3 and the sound is ok again. Anyone knows a fix for this?

Thanks for the update!

But I have no sound after upgrading from 0.6.4 to 0.6.5. All games are running fine (BG1, BG2, IWD (custom.cfg), PST) but without sound/music. Has anybody a link to 0.6.4 version please? Edit: ok, I didn't notice the "Archived" button on repo.

I have updated the PND, sound should work now. Thanks for the heads up.

Jurn

Hello,

I've some problem. I've copied bg1 data file in appdata/gemrb, but when i launch gemrb, nothing happens.

In /tmp/pndrun_gemrb.out I see the following messages:

[Config]: Trying to open bg1.cfg

[Core]: Unable to create cache directory './bg1/Cache'

I don't understand where it's trying to create the directory (ie: what is the current directory in that moment).

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Diego.

If it makes you feel better. I've done everything to the docs specifications and BG1 crashes every time I leave the first town. It makes me sad.

So, how does one actually run it? I mean I know of course you just get the .pnd and put it in a specific path. What files do I need to transfer from the BG folder on my computer and to where?

*poke*

I've put the Baldurs gate data folder into the gemrb appdata folder, but it still doesnt work when I run it.

There isnt a guide for this anywhere!? That doesnt include that gpx2 thread...

*poke*

I've put the Baldurs gate data folder into the gemrb appdata folder, but it still doesnt work when I run it.

There isnt a guide for this anywhere!? That doesnt include that gpx2 thread...

Try the documentation file in the PND, or check out the GemRB wiki. Both of those should contain the info you need to get running.

NESnero,

If you have the room on your SD card copy the whole program folder and make sure its called 'bg1' in appdata.

This worked for me (lazy option).

There is also a widescreen mod which resizes to 800 x 480: www.gibberlings3.net/widescreen/

Hope this helps.

NESnero,

If you have the room on your SD card copy the whole program folder and make sure its called 'bg1' in appdata.

This worked for me (lazy option).

There is also a widescreen mod which resizes to 800 x 480: www.gibberlings3.net/widescreen/

Hope this helps.

bg1 in appdata, shouldn't it go into the gemrb065 folder then bg1? Or just straight bg1 into the appdata folder?

Where am i supposed to put the game files, when i run the GemRB pnd it doesn't create any folders..?

Back