GCW Zero Complaints (Split from FS: thread

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Heh - I ordered and paid 100 in September 2012, ordered and paid another 100 in March 2013 and have received 90 so far.

Hoping to get the remaining ones soon as well :)

ED, like you I ordered and paid for 100 units from Justin Barwick, just the one time but a very long time ago now.. (well really 102 units all up) like you I'm still waiting for some, unlike you considerably more, (actually so you ordered 200 all up, are you waiting on 10 or 110?)  it's a long drawn out drama at Dingoonity forums and Kickstarter if your not familiar, so far I've gotten 56 units, by the sounds of things that's all I will see, on a side note I also have 2 Pandora's one that I paid Craig extra to get sooner when he had that option, as at the time I had one on order with him originally I wanted to help out a little and so my original order for 1 turned into 2, which he couldn't fulfil, the second I got from you, a 1ghz silver unit with the signed cardboard box, would like to send you my original one to upgrade but would prefer for it to go towards a Pyra (dreaming) rather than another 1ghz, I still have about 40 GCW Zero's to get rid of, more whites than black, Justin Barwick cannot be trusted... (BTW if anyone is interested in any in Australia or New Zealand I'm your guy)

Last edited by a moderator:
I received 80 out of 210, so still waiting for 130...

I'm in regular contact with Justin via Skype, and while he tries to be helpful, nothing ever comes of it it seems.

I've had shipping confirmations from him for the next units a few times during the last week already - but never received anything.

When I buggered him last time (March 24th), he sent me a Fedex tracking label - but apparently up until today, only the label has been printed, Fedex has not yet picked up the package.

I was trying to help him out as good as I can, but I'm getting fed up now as well.

I think I'll give a deadline. Either half of the remaining units will be shipped within the next two weeks, or I want a full refund for the remaining units...

Let's see if that helps. Otherwise, I need to look into taking legal action, as with 130 missing units, quite a bit of money (15,000 EUR) is still missing for me.

well he now claims I'm not owed as many units, and has raised the price on me twice, once to me saying I didn't need to pay, then again, and I agreed to pay an extra $20 then he publicly stated that it was an extra 40 and I was due less units, I didn't send the $20 as I had paid a year previously and had seen nothing, I too am considering legal action, however logistics/costs, I'm in Australia..

Kinda reminds me of...

Baseball-denied-interception.gif

Will ED finally get all the GCW0s? Will he have to pay an additional amount again and get them when there is way less demand anymore because Shield is out in Europe by then?

Stay tuned...

According to Justin, he did not know the package was not moving and has now taken care of.

We'll see.

well he now claims I'm not owed as many units, and has raised the price on me twice, once to me saying I didn't need to pay, then again, and I agreed to pay an extra $20 then he publicly stated that it was an extra 40 and I was due less units, I didn't send the $20 as I had paid a year previously and had seen nothing, I too am considering legal action, however logistics/costs, I'm in Australia..
I've talked with him about you on Skype, and he told me you did not want to pay the additional needed money for these units, so you got less units than you actually ordered (in compensation to that payment).

I can't tell who's wrong or right here, as I was not directly involved myself.

untrue ED, I was first told I didn't need to pay extra as "it wasn't my fault" then asked again but told "I didn't have to" to which I agreed to pay the asked for (at the time $20 extra, but as they sold... I was trusting less and wanted stock before I sent payment at this point) then finally he announced online that I was getting less units (cause I hadn't agreed to pay the $40 extra? ) original price to me was $70 USD then effectively $90 and finally and more recently $110 which he claims I knew all about, so I published as much correspondence between him and I as I could, to prove that he was lying, he responded by complaining to Kickstarter (who gagged me) and Google and getting my Google site taken down..

untrue ED, I was first told I didn't need to pay extra as "it wasn't my fault" then asked again but told "I didn't have to" to which I agreed to pay the asked for (at the time $20 extra, but as they sold... I was trusting less and wanted stock before I sent payment at this point) then finally he announced online that I was getting less units (cause I hadn't agreed to pay the $40 extra? ) original price to me was $70 USD then effectively $90 and finally and more recently $110 which he claims I knew all about, so I published as much correspondence between him and I as I could, to prove that he was lying, he responded by complaining to Kickstarter (who gagged me) and Google and getting my Google site taken down..
 As mentioned, I cannot comment on that as I don't have any conversations between you and Justin, and I don't want to blame either.

Looks like the next GCW package will arrive this week at my door, got a FedEx tracking and custom information already.

Do you guys mind if I move this discussion out of the FS thread? :)
Oh, right, do that, please.

Im under the impression that the "first run units" must have been sitting around quite a long time to still be on their way to me.

The sticker issue is fixed, so now i cant convievably think of a good reason i dont have them.

However, after the kickstarter, there has been sales to thinkgeek and such. I would think since this was a kickstarter first time around the production was paid for by the funds, so where did these extra units come from?

Has there been extra production runs?

Edit: The woman in the background seems to break out of her very calm state, she even chews faster, and little girl above is halaris.

Im under the impression that the "first run units" must have been sitting around quite a long time to still be on their way to me.

The sticker issue is fixed, so now i cant convievably think of a good reason i dont have them.

However, after the kickstarter, there has been sales to thinkgeek and such. I would think since this was a kickstarter first time around the production was paid for by the funds, so where did these extra units come from?

Has there been extra production runs?

Edit: The woman in the background seems to break out of her very calm state, she even chews faster, and little girl above is halaris.
What??

Back