Fgb32

spaceboygp32x

right!

I know bout the savestate problem... have read all the threads i can... i know not to change my smc around if i want to keep save states...

my question is about games which have an in built save option - IE zelda dx etc...

after filling in my name in one of the three save slots, Zelda remembers my name etc every time i switch on, and will save a game to its menu save thing... and replay it from the zelda menu (not the fgb32 save option) as long as i dont power down the GP :D

but when i switch off the GP im back at the start of the game - but with my name still correct etc??? :(

it must save something for my name to still be in the sram save bit - but always puts me back to the start...most odd! :blink:

wake up link youve been tossing!!! :eek: (i kid you not it says that!)

I know i can use the FGB32 save slots x10 - i just wondered why games with in-built menu sysems dont save??

sPaCe :ph34r:

I think you need to go BACK to the emulator menu , the one where you can choose the game in order to actually SAVE the content of the gamesave , in games like Zelda, Mario2 and 3 and so on. At least it works on Little John (nes) and I think it was how I did it in fgb32 .

Qingdan posted on Mar 16 2005 at 09:26 AM said:
I think you need to go BACK to the emulator menu , the one where you can choose the game in order to actually SAVE the content of the gamesave , in games like Zelda, Mario2 and 3 and so on. At least it works on Little John (nes) and I think it was how I did it in fgb32 .

yes - I know you can save through the emulator menu - thanks n stuff :D but thats not a problem! :D

I want to know why some options "in the game" save fine (my name) ... but not others (save point) - i.e it saves my name but not my game! so i have to start at the beginning every time (is it an eeprom problem)

i know if I use the emulators saves its fine... but i want to use the in game save options...

also - is their anyway for it to remember video options etc so you dont have to change them all the time? -

sorry guys - im a couple of months behind here - ive only just decided to try this out :D

Last edited by a moderator:
He didn't mean to use the save state function - fgb32 only SAVES the SRAM (that's the internal save of the game) when you go back to the menu... maybe even only when you change your rom, can't remember exactly.
So, if you turn off while playing, the SRAM data is lost.

Go back to the menu before turning off (or load another rom, try out for yourself which way works)

EvilDragon posted on Mar 16 2005 at 10:34 AM said:
He didn't mean to use the save state function - fgb32 only SAVES the SRAM (that's the internal save of the game) when you go back to the menu... maybe even only when you change your rom, can't remember exactly.

Go back to the menu before turning off (or load another rom, try out for yourself which way works)

oh ok sorry

I always feel like a naughty school kid when ED posts!!

:D

spaceboygp32x posted on Mar 16 2005 at 10:54 AM said:
EvilDragon posted on Mar 16 2005 at 10:34 AM said:

oh ok sorry

I always feel like a naughty school kid when ED posts!!

:D

and this time i deserve it!!

how stupid of me! :(

Back