Gbsp - How Do I Save The State?

DavidBeoulve

GP2X by EvilDragon OC's to 280-300MHz
Website
www.gamersgonebad.com
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones seems to work, but how do I save the state? The documentation mentions nothing of getting back to the menu system.

Also, I set the screen from UP** to FP** but that didn't set the screen to a full size...

I pressed Y to save my settings.

I want to be able to save any old time in the ROM as Fire Emblem doesn't have resurrection! A character dies, he's gone. Start the whole battle over.

Exophase said:
There's a second readme for the GP2X version. BTW, it's "gpSP"
gpSP, so noted :)

Okay, I figured it out. In your readme... I did a search for SAVE and didn't see it listed in the controls.
-- IN-GAME --

VOL MIDDLE (UP + DOWN) -> menu
PUSH STICK -> fps display toggle (second number is
frames actually drawn)

MENU is part of the save, in that it is how you get to it. Add the word Save in there.

VOL MIDDLE (UP + DOWN) -> menu (save, load, etc.)

Your emulator rocks, by the way, the sound was better on my GP2X than on my PC using VirtualGameBoyAdvance. The blacks are also blacker on the GP2X LCD. And it's portable! And I can save and reload during a battle, rather than restart the whole damn thing! :D

Oh how do I get it to run in full screen? Searching for "Full" and "Screen" separately showed me it's not in the docs... at least not using those words.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful with the emulator quicksaves. They tend to hang up the whole GP2X if used to early. I usualy have to play a while or start an map (Advance Wars 2) then the saves work. Game-own-Saves are no problem.

Fullscreen is possible in the Settings menu of GPSP but ther's no correct aspect ratio yet (wink to Exophase ;) )
Play unscaled, it looks much better.

Fullscreen is availible in the options menu ; but somehow after restarting Gpsp it always defaults to non fs and need to do it everytime gpsp starts

Back