GBAX GP32s pre-flashed to MFW?

Only problem with the Euro FW is that it doesn't have perfect .fxe loading, and I don't think anyone's patched it in the same way as they have wind-ups yet (it had the same problem until patched). If anyone DOES manage that, then EuroFW + the latest beta of K2YAA's mp3 player + pacrom (for compatibility if anything goes wrong - patched, idd) + menu would make a pretty sweet combination.

Maybe a .gdb stub and PC-Link in there too for additional developerness for any dev'rs who want to get a ready-flashed one.

Anyone know how much space those lot together (compressed) would take? (i.e. under 512kb)
eurofw + m2yaa mp3 will fit to 512k flash.. I tried it a long ago.. I can't remember if the Pacrom fit there anymore.
Enhanced pc-link with FXE running option and resident gdb-stub are "scheduled" <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the MultiFW 100% 'safe'? Some people have reported problems with Windows XP according to spiv's site, and he doesn't actually recommend the image being flashed onto GP32s. IMHO it's not a good idea to pre-flash GP32s with unofficial, untested software (even if it may have been tested more than the official one for all we know) - but I could see it being a good idea if it was an option customers could specify when ordering. Best of both worlds then.
MultiFW2 is as safe as any fw.. imho. I don't recommend flashing it due the possibility of failed flashes. So far I have reflashed a number of dead GP32s for.. lets say.. charity. And more are coming :blink: That XP problem is more or less the same some ppl are having with w2k. Some ppl never got even the default fw to work with their systems :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back