Gbax 2007 Coding Competition - Winners Announced

Goity said:
These results were a lot more in line with what I thought than previous years, which I can only see as a good thing. The good thing about GBAX is that it tends to look for the actual quality in games rather than the ones most talked about in the community.
I feel sorry for the judges, since this was probably by far the toughest year; I mean really, theres some serious top notch games here. I'm proud to be anmong them!

I need to reply more in full, and start pumping out updates now that te judging is done .. but I had to reply quick just to sya -- hey Goity, BJ is fully skinnable so you could make GoitJewels if you wanted :p

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
great job alex and skeezix. glad i got to play a tiny part in helping by being able to test your entries. also great showing by gp2x devs as a whole. we have the best homebrew community out there and it just keeps getting better. also I hope now the gp2x can be as more than just an emulation machine as there is enough great homebrew on it to justify buying it for that reason alone.

Congrats Alex + Skeezix! Without a doubt deserved winners.
Ruckage should have been rewarded with a price as well imo. I'm pretty sure he would get the users vote :)
But the judges decide, and I wouldn't want to be in their shoes so kudos to them as well. It was a hell of a job to judge these excellent entries.

All these guys have brought a new level of quality homebrew to the gp2x.

Congratulation to all winners.
It was for a pleasure to participate, thanks to all coders for their contributions :D

JYCET

Wooot! to the judges!

Double WOOOOOT!!! to the winners!

And yet another wooot! to the runners up :)

Congratulations Alex and Skeezix! Both great games and thoroughly deserved winners:) Sqdef was also my favorite of all the entries.

Thanks to GuyFalkes and Craigix for the compo - I really enjoyed it. Already looking forward to next years.

Well done everyone else who entered - the quality was outstanding I thought.

Guyfawkes said:
Glouton - good arcade puzzle mix type game
Well I thought this was good when I judged an early version for the CGC :).

I should point out those comments earlier were posted there and then. I am currently adding proper comments for the rest of the entries to the compo page, I should have most of them done tonight.

Well done Alex and skeezix! Definitely very deserving winners. The games were wonderfully polished, and Alex's beautiful yet simplistic UI design makes Sqdef a delight to play. I would have been surprised if it hadn't got first place. Of course, well done to all the other entrants too :)

Guyfawkes said:
Mister Block - simple yet very addictive game, i think this may have got my 6th. its one of those quirky games.
Woo! :)

Congrats to all the winners!!

Also to all the entries!

And thanks for the great competition Guyfawkes and Craigix, really brought out some great homebrew.

Congratulations!

Perfect. :) My 2 favs are in the Top 3 and my personal winner is the real winner of the contest. :) Somehow I've known, that Alex will win. ^^ SQDEF is superb.
Battlejewels is great to, but it needs some fine tuning I think. So the Ranking is OK. :) I wonder, what the winners will do with the prices. ^^

Congratulations to the winners! And also thanks to Guyfawkes and Craigix for organizing the competition.

I am really looking forward to the next competition, it was really fun and it's great to see so much entries (for the gp2x).

Congratulation to you two!

You deserve the holy golden Gp2X...
goldengp2x.jpg

Back