Gbax 2007 Coding Competition - Winners Announced

Guyfawkes

Certified Idiot :)
Website
www.emuholic.com
It took slightly longer than we anticipated to judge the entries and decide on the winners. This years competition was our hardest ever to decide, there were half a dozen or so entries that were deserving of the three winning places and we had a truly tough time deciding on them. But there can only be three winners and they are...

Find out at http://gbax.gp2x.de/gbax2007.html ;)

These results were a lot more in line with what I thought than previous years, which I can only see as a good thing. The good thing about GBAX is that it tends to look for the actual quality in games rather than the ones most talked about in the community.

CONGRATULATIONS Alex. and Skeezix, Well deserved positions and prizes for all the effort you put into your enteries. You make us proud to be part of this community you developers help create. :D

And a hearty handshake to all the other GP2x enteries that were not so fortunate, But still did a bloody great job. We are still proud of you. :D

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
sensible GP32 said:
well done alex, think it's a travesty that ruck-man was not in there!
That makes me quite angry. They could atleast of mentioned who the runner up 3 were, as Ruckman should definetly be in here. I miss the old GBAX compo comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
We never announced there would be any runners up listed but other favourites of mine and of which some were potential winners are:

Knight Lore - great remake, would have probably got my 4th or 5th
Ruck-Man - looks and plays very well, would have probably got my 4th or 5th
jEnesisDS - nice genesis emu
Blast Riot - great fun retro gameplay
CAM2X - technically very good camera app
Glouton - good arcade puzzle mix type game
Mister Block - simple yet very addictive game, i think this may have got my 6th. its one of those quirky games.

And I am not going to explain why X game won and Y game didnt, had enough of the arguments on the community compo so I wont be getting involved.

Can't say I've played Ozone but the other two were certainly deserved winners. I haven't stopped playing either of them since they were released. Congrats guys :)

Honestly, the general quality of entries this year was so high...I don't envy the judges and I can't blame them for leaving out some great games like Ruck-Man...they could only choose three!

Maybe next year spread the prizes around a little more? I understand you only have so much to give away, but still...

Congratulations to the winners, well deserved!

I couldn't get that "Ozone" thing to work though... what's a "PSP"? Do we have an emulator for it? :)

Well done Alex and Skeezix, your prizes are well deserved for all the hard work you put in.

Congratulations to all the winners! A big "Thank You!" to Guyfawkes and Craigx for sponsoring the competition and for supporting the community like this! It couldn't have been easy picking just three from the great field of games.

Pete

I'm ecstatic, I couldn't be more touched :)

Thank you everyone for all your support along the way, and for receiving my game so, so well :) Cheers to everyone who participated in GBAX2007, and cheers for Craigix and Guyfawkes for holding this event!

I have had a few complaints why comments were not given for other entries, here's part of my email I replied to someone:

In past years we have made comments for each entry, but the circumstances this year have been harder, so it is either get the winners announced in a reasonable time frame or delay the results for longer while writing comments for each entry is completed.

I will see if we can get comments for some of the entries that missed the winning places as soon as possible, I left a very brief comment on some of my personal favourites on the GP32x forums winners announcement post. I don't want to offend developers as they make the competition what it is so I will try and get this sorted one way or another.

--

So I will get at least some comments for entries online tomorrow. Now I'm off to bed, 2am for me :(

Congratulations to Alex & Skeezix. :)
A warm round of applause to everyone who participated in the competition is also in order .

Alex, Congratulations! I have to say, Sqdef might not be everybody's cup of tea, but it certainly ate up several of hours of game time for me, that's for sure. I look forward to seeing your future projects! ;)

Ruckage, even though you may not have won the compo, Ruck-Man is always going to have a special place on my SD Card. If you need any content for next year's compo, you can count on me.

Congratulations to the other winners of the Compo. See you next year!

Back