Garden Of Coloured Lights: Portable?

Could be very interesting. :)
But do you want to keep the .bmp and .wave Formats of the game onto the GP2X? Seems to be a little bit of wasted SD Space all these uncompressed formats. PNG/Gif or .mp3 etc sounds much better for me. ;)

The BMPs are run length encoded so they are (slightly) compressed. The wavs and BMPs total are less than 1 MB, so it's not a big deal.

I'm not what other formats allegro takes. I might have a look when it's functional.

I tried it out. Nice game.

According to the Readme, the A button is for slowing down your movement, but I find it hard to use at the same time with the B button. I also can't notice the difference in my speed when I hold the button down. :huh:

Thanks for the port. :D

EDIT: I noticed that you die from touching the strings behind the bullets. In the PC version, you won't die from them. Is this a bug? :huh:

I couldn't get the slow button to do anything noticeable on either the PC or GP2X. I can see what it does in the code.

I'll have a look at the collisions.

Hi,

Thanks for your hard work Parkydr !

I'll play this game a lot and post my thoughts and wishes here :)

At the moment I feel like I'm playing a kind of portable REZ, which is great !

Thanks & Bye, Magic Sam

Fantastic! ParkyDr does it again - can't wait to give this a go tonight! I was wondering if you'd made any progress on this, but I didn't want to hassle you because I hadn't pulled my finger out and helped out in any way... :cool:

Manjuu said:
EDIT: I noticed that you die from touching the strings behind the bullets. In the PC version, you won't die from them. Is this a bug? :huh:
Seconded

So far, things I have noticed:

- Could you change the font please, it's sometime hard to read.
- Is the game naturally slow, or does it need some OC to work fine ?

Besides that, the game looks and plays great on gp2x (F-200), and is tough :)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for porting this. always nice to have more quality indie shumps on the gp2x. yeah this is a tough game. both on the computer and gp2x. I'll probably try to at least get decent at it on the gp2x. I like the variety of configurations you can use. It is slow moving but kind of needs to be with a lot being on screen at once. this is one of those abstract games that would lull you into a trance if they weren't so hard.

Back