Release Gamestreamer(VirtualGL)

Oops i forgot to change it back - Fixed.

Also VirtualGl only Streams OpenGl contend over JPEG. Non-OpenGl stuff is sent uncompresed over X11. But i plan toport TurboVNC, which Streams everything over Jpeg.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was testing UndertaleDemo with VirtualGL (running with Playonlinux on PC). And it does use OpenGL (DirectX via Wine) since it complains about missing GLX if I try running without VirtualGL.

I'm thinking that using some kind of video codec instead of JPEG could help.

Hmm. I have FreeSSHd installed, and I downloaded the VirtualGL-Utils for Windows (Also got the 2.3.3 Exceed -and- also grabbed the x64 version from the actual 2.3.3 version as well just in case), and while I can connect to my Windows 7 desktop, if I try running anything, I get:

Warning: untrusted x11 fowarding setup failed: xauth key data not generated

Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.

Unable to execute command or shell on remote system: Failed to execute process.

Hmm. I have FreeSSHd installed, and I downloaded the VirtualGL-Utils for Windows (Also got the 2.3.3 Exceed -and- also grabbed the x64 version from the actual 2.3.3 version as well just in case), and while I can connect to my Windows 7 desktop, if I try running anything, I get:

Warning: untrusted x11 fowarding setup failed: xauth key data not generated

Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.

Unable to execute command or shell on remote system: Failed to execute process.

As said, the PC has to run Linux/UNIX as Operation System, because VirtualGL can only Stream X11 applications, and most Windows/OSX applications don't use X11. The VirtualGl-utils for Windows only contain the Client, not the Server, which is needed.

Finally tried it on sauerbraten. I get 85 fps, and good framerate. Video quality is low though (jpeg compression can be lowered, have not tried that.).

CPU goes to 100% while playing.

In the past, I tried this with the usual Linux method:

# 1. open an xterm on the pandora
# 2. enable x connections from everywhere (careful! use the IP address to limit that)
xhost +
# 3. ssh to your machine WITH x11 forwarding
ssh -X user@biglinuxmachine_IP_address
# 4. start an application
vlc
# 5. The interface of VLC displays, but when you play a video... you only hear the sound

With this app, the VLC video is visible on the Pandora. Pretty neat.

sauerbraten_on_pandora.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Update(0.5.0.2):
-Added an Edit Button. You can also copy profiles by changing the profile Name
-Changing the Color Depth of the X Server doesn't need an complete reboot anymore, now you just have to log-out and -in again
-Fixed some small Bugs here and there

Back