GameGear LCD-Umbau (McWill)

Ian J

Advanced Member
Just picked up a Sega Game Gear but the screen is only viewable from about 15 degrees and there is no sound so I'm thinking it needs a cap kit.

Thinking of buying one of the above screens from ED's shop after the caps have been replaced, is there anyone in the UK that can supply and fit the caps?

Tried to buy the screen from ED's shop but all I keep getting is the following message: Currently not in stock. with those attributes but is available with others but I can't get it to show available.

It will be back in stock until the end of the week :)
Also, we will have GG Capacitor kits in the shop soon as well :)

I notice you already offer an install option for the screen, will you be offering an install option for the cap kits?

When I was looking to capmod my gamegear, I bought caps from conrad who are a german retailer with a UK branch.

http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/ce/en/overview/0245812/Radial-Electrolytic-Capacitors

Postage was rather high as actually everything gets shipped from Germany despite it looking like a british shop, so I ended up rather overordering to try to make it up to free postage. So if I can find the stuff, I should have enough to fix two or three broken gamegears. You're welcome to a set if you let me know your address. I'll PM you if I ever do come across the stuff again.

When I was looking to capmod my gamegear, I bought caps from conrad who are a german retailer with a UK branch.

http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/ce/en/overview/0245812/Radial-Electrolytic-Capacitors

Postage was rather high as actually everything gets shipped from Germany despite it looking like a british shop, so I ended up rather overordering to try to make it up to free postage. So if I can find the stuff, I should have enough to fix two or three broken gamegears. You're welcome to a set if you let me know your address. I'll PM you if I ever do come across the stuff again.

That would be awesome, thank you.

I was looking to get it done asap but we're having some work done in the house so I cannot get into my pit for the next week or 2 anyway.

Back