Replaceing A Gba Sp Lcd!

idjit626

So I was trying to clean dust out from under my GBA SP's screen cover, and when I took it off the screen booked.

My GBA SP is the front lit model and I figure I might as well try to find a backlit screen that fits on a AGS-001 system.

This is all I found.
http://www.modchip.it/shop/detail.asp?lng=EN&idprod=3245

1: Oh, of course it is out of stock...

2: What kind of currency is "€ 39,00" google says it is 60 USD. :blink: :(

3: It claims "100% Compatible with GBA SP Original TFT Panel." so will it work on a AGS-001 GBA?

4: Does anybody wanna buy it for me. PLZ!? I am so cheap. )^= :p

Replacement screen I want.
gba-blcd.jpg

Then the one that I broke, it has this tiny ribbon cable coming off of it and attaching to the front lit screen guard thing how do I take it off.

It's a rip off, I got one of those limited edition Zelda GBA SPs off eBay for only £20 ($40) and that has an unmarked screen. I'd just buy a new one if I were you, rather than paying for a screen on its own.

Seconded with Orkie

You can buy a 'new' one with some games too for less on ebay or other auction sites.

BTW € stands for 'Euro' which is the common currency for most of Europe (excluding UK for the moment :)). If you are in a $place. buying anywere which deals in € will cost you a hell of a lot more at the moment. Rock on the global recession!

I don't want to buy a whole new one, I just ordered a new silver shell replacement for mine.

)^= I know it is not Nintendo brand but is the picture really bad quality or something?

Just buy a whole one off eBay since it is considerably cheaper then buying a screen on its own and swap out the case with replacement you just brought.

I decided to just find a cheap GBA original and mod a back light into it.

IT CAN BE DONE DAMMIT!1!1ONE!1!1

Just need some flat LED's and stuff.

Viking said:
I decided to just find a cheap GBA original and mod a back light into it.

IT CAN BE DONE DAMMIT!1!1ONE!1!1

Just need some flat LED's and stuff.
I wouldn't recommend the original GBA plus backlight option. I have an original GBA and bought one of the better backlight options, well, front light tbh but I assume that's what you mean. It was a pain in the arse to fit without getting dust in it and it's nowhere near as good as my SPs. The only advantage it does have over the SPs is that it's still excellent in daylight. Oh and the fact the original GBA is robust enough for my nearly 3 y/o daughter to play with :)

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I can do this! Just let me try at least.

I like the original GBA better then the others, just feels better in my hands.

Viking said:
I like the original GBA better then the others, just feels better in my hands.

I hear that... I wish they'd just dropped a rechargeable battery and a front-lit screen into the original GBA form factor and given us the choice when the SP came out - I much prefer the original GBA in terms of ergonomics...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey don't let me put you off if it's what you want to do. I haven't regretted the decision to update my Original GBA with an aftermarket frontlight. It's ok, just not as good as the SP screen. It has given my Original GBA a new lease of life but if I had to have one GBA I'd keep an SP.

But for daylight and being toddler proof the Original is hard to beat :)

Back