Gameboy Advance: Gpsp Problem

I've got no clue what a hex editor even is.. although with google's help and whatnot, I opened it up in XVI32.
Now it's waay over my head. Got no clue what I'm looking at or looking for.. I give up. :\

Any chance of Mario Tennis or Golf working in the future?

I've had trouble running Pokemon Emerald and Drill Dozer then zipped them and they run fine.

Golden Sun was running OK but has started crashing (I decided to start a new game as I wasn't doing so well). I've zipped it but haven't tried prolonged play yet, but not sure why it started crashing in the first place - I managed a few hours on the way home from a gig in London a few weeks back without any issues...

I've replaced the GBA Bios etc just in case it was corrupted somehow.

Has anyone actually managed to get Grand Theft Auto to work? I'd love to play it, the first GTA PC game was my favourite and it looks pretty similar. I actually picked up a at a boot sale, but my GBA had already gone to silicon heaven and I'm too cheap to buy another.

TitanUranus said:
Has anyone actually managed to get Grand Theft Auto to work? I'd love to play it, the first GTA PC game was my favourite and it looks pretty similar. I actually picked up a at a boot sale, but my GBA had already gone to silicon heaven and I'm too cheap to buy another.

Read my previous post on this thread.

With a save game to bypass the start it should work. I think someone has made one for users of the iPhone version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good lord, I have GTA Advance working great! All I needed to do was create a savegame on the PC and load it with GPSP, the funny thing is, I saved the game before I did anything, and when I loaded it up it showed me the start of mission text and I was thinking "SH*T D*MN C*NTY B*ll*CKS, it's about to crash again", but it didn't. Thanks exophase, you have no idea how chuffed I am. I love you and I want to bear your children, I know I'm a bloke and that makes it difficult, but that's no reason why we can't try.

Seriously though, thanks - this is a damn fine emulator. I had read your previous posts but was a little confused about the HEX editing you sugested. I've HEX edited a few files before, but really couldn't see how it would have applied here. Anyway, thanks for the fast response. I might try dicking around with Playback and see if I can get that running.

If anyone else needs a copy of the save game file to get it started let me know and I can upload it.

TitanUranus said:
Good lord, I have GTA Advance working great! All I needed to do was create a savegame on the PC and load it with GPSP, the funny thing is, I saved the game before I did anything, and when I loaded it up it showed me the start of mission text and I was thinking "SH*T D*MN C*NTY B*ll*CKS, it's about to crash again", but it didn't. Thanks exophase, you have no idea how chuffed I am. I love you and I want to bear your children, I know I'm a bloke and that makes it difficult, but that's no reason why we can't try.

Seriously though, thanks - this is a damn fine emulator. I had read your previous posts but was a little confused about the HEX editing you sugested. I've HEX edited a few files before, but really couldn't see how it would have applied here. Anyway, thanks for the fast response. I might try dicking around with Playback and see if I can get that running.

If anyone else needs a copy of the save game file to get it started let me know and I can upload it.

I need a save game file
please

Last edited by a moderator:
Back