gpsp compatibility

sparkymark79

Hi, is there a list of tried and tested gba games on the pandora GPSP version. Specifically interested on all the mario games as super mario advance 2 is supposed to be ok from the wiki but I can't find one that works.

Hi, is there a list of tried and tested gba games on the pandora GPSP version. Specifically interested on all the mario games as super mario advance 2 is supposed to be ok from the wiki but I can't find one that works.
did you try squeezing them[zipped] from accessories?

Last edited:
ok spent some time playing some gpsp:

mario and luigi-superstar saga works,didn't play very far just got on the ship about 2-3 saves in.

mario golf and tennis would just keep going to main menu:(

mario kart works

mario party adv. works

mario pinball works

mario vs donkey kong works

all 4 super mario adv. games work

all of these roms were ziped also

ok spent some time playing some gpsp:

mario and luigi-superstar saga works,didn't play very far just got on the ship about 2-3 saves in.

mario golf and tennis would just keep going to main menu:(

mario kart works

mario party adv. works

mario pinball works

mario vs donkey kong works

all 4 super mario adv. games work

all of these roms were ziped also
mario and luigi superstar wil freeze eventually, and almost always freeze at the first battle.

hmm well atm still doing some work later on was going to try and play some more see if it will freeze forgot how great that game is

Grand Theft Auto will give you the opening sequence but will crash before the game proper kicks in.

Sure it can, but you won't find anyone who is both capable and wants to do it. From my experience on PCSX, fixing one game can take from something like 2 hours (if you are lucky) to maybe 40+ if the problem is complex and there is high risk of breaking other games as sometimes fixing one bug uncovers another.

Sword of Mana crashes in a boss fight 4-5 hours into the game.

One of the Castlevania  games didn't let you fight the real end boss after finding the hidden stuff.

Mario and Luigi - Superstar Saga crashes randomly some hours into the game.

I'll keep the savestates that I have for the case that Exophase gets interested in gpsp again.

Use GBA.emu instead, it may not be as pretty, but it lets you play further.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I returned to gpsp after going past the critical point in Sword of Mana, it just looks way better (with smart filters) and runs way more smooth than gba.emu.

I honestly would donate 50€ or more for real improvements on gpsp's compatibility, but since Exo seems to make enough money with drastic (which I don't use :/ ),

there may be little chance, that money is the point in any way and I don't do bdsm-style slave jobs. :/

GBAs native aspect ratio even nearly fills the whole screen and is so perfect for this machine.

Well, Mr Driller 2 works fine, and since that's the greatest game ever made (excepting any and all Pandora native games, naturally) I fail to see a problem ;)
:)

Drill dozer crashes a fair way in though, but rhythm tenguko works fine, and since that's the greatest game ever made I guess it's not so bad :)

Ok, I returned to gpsp after going past the critical point in Sword of Mana, it just looks way better (with smart filters) and runs way more smooth than gba.emu.

I honestly would donate 50€ or more for real improvements on gpsp's compatibility, but since Exo seems to make enough money with drastic (which I don't use :/ ),

there may be little chance, that money is the point in any way and I don't do bdsm-style slave jobs. :/

GBAs native aspect ratio even nearly fills the whole screen and is so perfect for this machine.
I stopped working on that emulator years ago and I have said several times since then that I have zero intention of working on it again. This has nothing at all to do with money (and believe it or not not everything I do is strictly about generating money). All of the ports made since 2007, including the Pandora one, were done by other people. It's open source. Why not try asking other people to fix it? I don't even know anything about your problems in the first place, I beat all the Castlevania games on the PSP version of gpSP years ago and I don't think there were bugs with missing content.

believe it or not not everything I do is strictly about generating money
I never thought that and just wanted to express, that I may not be able to bait you because you are not doing it for money.

If anyone else wants to give it a shot, I'd be happy too.

Back