Release Gambas3

eyecreate

Website
git.eyecreate.org
I have finished porting the Gambas 3 RC 1 to Pandora. You can try it out here:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=gambas3-17044

Not all modules were compiled, including no porting was made for the OpenGL modules. (along with SDL, which uses opengl in gambas) Only sqlite3 is compiled for databases, no V4L etc.

I also should change the way it compiles in the future so that I won't have to go back and forth between my Pandora and computer to cross-compile, then use class compiler on Pandora etc.(I don't want to spend another 5 hours doing that again)

Hi,

i instantly installed it.Great work !! What i ask for is a howto (not for me, as i am more a user of the Pandora and newbie to Pandora) for actual compilations of gambas 3. As it is actual on 3.4.2 it would be very nice if it would be possible to make a new .pnd about every 3 months ? If the howto is explained detailed enough, i would try myself :)

Greetings

GrisuLa

Hi,

i instantly installed it.Great work !! What i ask for is a howto (not for me, as i am more a user of the Pandora and newbie to Pandora) for actual compilations of gambas 3. As it is actual on 3.4.2 it would be very nice if it would be possible to make a new .pnd about every 3 months ? If the howto is explained detailed enough, i would try myself :)

Greetings

GrisuLa
How much experience do you have compiling software? I started out doing this the hard way compiling parts back and forth between the pandora(gambas likes to self compile parts of itself which only works on the device you will be running it on). For this reason, I suggest if you want to compile gambas yourself(I will take a stab at it sometime this week), I suggest using the commandline compiler interface to codeblocks. It should have most/all the software gambas needs to compile and negates the back-and-forth compiling I did in the past. The hardest part afterwards will be using a tool like ldd to find all the libs it is linked against to include in your PND. I wouldn't suggest gambas as a first PND to make, if this if your first time doing such.

Back