Fw 2.0.0 = Screen Flickering

timbobsteve

Hi All,

I was always very reluctant to upgrade FW and as a result I have always been using FW 1.0.1 from day dot. Yesterday I worked up the courage to upgrade the FW and I am now running 2.0.0. I followed the bellow process to get past some of the SD card issues I was having (Sandisk SD-Mini + SD Card adapter):

Used robsters updater to update from 1.0.1 -> 1.4.0
Applied patch to GP2X using GPH patch utility
Upgraded to 2.0.0 following instructions in new Users manual.

And then there was light. I was on 2.0.0. Yay... or so I thought. I went into DrMDx to play some roms and the screen would not stop flickering. I have NEVER had this problem on 1.0.1 but now I can't seem to make it go away. I have tried every single option in the LCD_Tweak utility, but there is no luck it still flickers.

Can someone please help me out. I don't want to have to go back to 1.0.1

Thanks.

Relax. It also happens in GNUboy and the devs are aware of it. Once you get past the menu, the emu works perfectly.

Since you've only used Fw 1.0.1 you may want to test the Lcd adjustments in the "Settings" menu. (Not the Lcd tweaker utility).

virusx: I'm sorry I meant that I had used the one in the setting menu not the Tweaker util. Thanks.

TelcoLou: Thanks for the info, I never actually loaded up a rom, I imediately thought that if the menu was stuffed that the game would be too. THanks.

I did notice a thread in the Development section talking about the SDL vsync thing changing in FW 2.0.0, but I didn't think to connect my problem to it.

Thanks again.

Back