Stupid Issue After Downgrading Fw

toxic_d

Still Fresh
I've downgraded from 3.0.0 to 2.0.0 with out issue. I was looking to upgrade to 2.1.0 and finally 2.1.1 but upon trying to copy the required files over to the SD card I get an error reading "Cannot copy gp2xpatch-2.1.0.tar: The drive cannot find the sector requested."

Has anyone a clue as to the issue? I haven't yet formatted the SD card in hopes that I won't need to.

Sorry if this has been covered but I didn't have any luck finding the answer.
Toxic_d

Forget about it... As usual windows managed to screw things up and f'd up my SD card so I just reformatted it and all is well...

Back to being impatient, I hurriedly powered down my gp2x while the usb connected option was open. I seem to have screwed my card up again as I am getting the same error. I can access the card in both windows to view the file and to play games and such. The thing is I cannot transfer any files. Is there any easy fix or do I have to go through the trouble of formatting and moving all the files over again?

I feel like such an idiot.and gp2xstore.com sent me a bad sd card reader with my value pack... I have yet to send it back.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Toxic_d

Thats not it, and I did run check disk on it and there are no issues found. Strangely enough though I can still play games. I just cannot load any new files onto it...

You know now that I think about it it seems to be taking longer to disconnect the usb link with 2.1.1 than it did with 3.0.0

Many have said they were happy with 2.1.1, as well as the quicker boot time. I plan on fooling with this a bit more and if I'm not happy with it I can always go back to 3.0.0 as there is a dump available in the archives. I was also hoping to try out a few of the themes.

Swapping back over will not be an issue, and I may do so to try and get the issue with the themes not working over there fixed. Someone mentioned that the issue with themes on 3.0.0 is due to different size icons. This maybe part of the issue but there is another change and that is the paths to the image locations has changed.

Back