Firmware 1.0.1

The Master

Wotcha,

I've just got hold of a MK1 GP2X, which is running firmware 1.0.1.

Now I know this might be a silly question but bearing in mind I have two other GP2X's running 2.1.1 and 3.0.0 respectively, is there any logical reason *not* to upgrade 1.0.1 to at least, say, 1.4.0 if not all the way to 2.1.1 ? Also, would there be any way to reverse it if I wished to? I haven't seen a firmware 1.0.1 installer anywhere yet...

(by the way I see now what people meant about the stick on MK1s, the diagonal bias is bloody awful. The screen, however, is nicer to look at... and it overclocks much higher than either of the MK2s...)

you should at least upgrade to 1.4 cause of boot time, better 2.0, i still see no point in anything higher through.

you should at least upgrade to 1.4 cause of boot time, better 2.0, i still see no point in anything higher through.
2.1.0 brings higher SD read speeds! However, 2.1.1 introduced some weird volume issues, at least for me, where software no longer cares about whether the Volume limit is set on or off... very good for when I'm using headphones :rolleyes:

- Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see any reason to keep anything older than 2.1.0. The only incompatibility I can think of was Hu6280 not working with the MMU hack... but disabling it doesn't cost a whole lot of speed. At the same time, 1.X had a lot of problems with recognizing SD cards and firmware updates and such... it's best to just leave 1.X behind.

--Zero

could you make a rip of the firmware first? pleeeeez??
you know like someone did with 3.0?

If you are looking for full rips of early firmware there are ones I made and used in my unbricking guide.
They include the bootloader, kernel and disk-image for 1.01 IIRC but I did them well over a year ago so would have to check.

That said I would say 1.04 was when the GP2X firmware hit a point of being good enough to release, much behind that is a waste of time and in fairness 2.* is a good step forward for the stock firmware. 3.* is a waste of time unless its a new GP2X as it is just 2.* with new skins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone got copies of the older GPH updaters? Were there actually any, prior to 1.4?

Back