Funny Looking Squares

bigSEXYc

Website
Visit site
Hi im still going at my lil quest to encode the perfect video. Well so far i have just tried to load some pre set settings for vdub and the file gets made an all but when i try to play the video on GPcinema all i see is a buch on funny looking squares on the screen, kinda like alot of small TVs but the audio works perfectly i can hear it.

please help me this is the closest ive gotten. and oh yeah ive tried out the sam fisher AVP trailer and it works fine.

IF people could give links to the settings that they use for different kinds of videos that would be nice
:)

[Mod - Edit your post, don't double post.]

yeah even though i set those settings from the link i still get those squares on the screen no picture only sound is clear. what could be the problem?
cause the stuff i download from the doomportables works fine but the ones i do myself are crap :(

no the squares are all different colors its not the contrast or anything cause the downloadable stuff at Dommportables works fine its just the ones that i do :(

I don't really encode many movies, but it sounds to me like maybe you encoded the movie with the wrong version of XVid. There's only a few that work correctly, so I reccommend looking around the forum for which one works.

i had this problem too.
in the option compression- > configuration you can choose Bitrate(Kbps)
when i used 128 i had the problem with the squares.
then i tried it with 500 kbps. now the quality is realy good(and the movie is very large <_< )
try it. ;)

do you mean me??......
but: i haven't used 1st pass and 2nd pass.
I used Xvid and the window is looking like that:

:::::XVID:::Configuration::::X

----Encoding options-----------

Encoding mode: 1Pass-CBR

Bitrate(Kbps): --II-----------

Bitrate(Kbps): 500

------------------
------------------
------------------

That's it! :p

Back