Gp32 Dvd To Avi Help

matthewwatt2412

Still Fresh
Sorry if this anoys anyone butim pretty confused and help would be really appreciated.

First question, when ripping a dvd do to avi ready for gp32 conversion do you have to include the audio. Ive used dvd2avi as found in a guide on videohelp but have only been able to change the video aspect to avi ad couldnt merge the two together.

Secondly what kind of avi should i encode it as. Ive tried a few and they all seem to work in media player like xvid codec divx fast motion and slow motion but whenevr i stick them on to my gp32 nothing happens the files is there in gpcinema but clicking on it doesnt load it?

Also suggestions for good virtua dub settings for a regular gp32, not overclocked would be really nice maybe my frame rate is to high or kb/sec..

Thanks any help would be much appreciated and im sorry if this seems very basic im sorry.
Thank you

hey once you have ripped the avi and wav files from dvd2avi, use virtual dub(freeware) to merge the two, and compress the audio to 44khz stereo bout 4kbits, and video using divx4.12 about 90kbits and deciumate the frames persecond by 3 and use a presice bilinear filter and reduce size to 320x240.
i hope this helps

Back