FT232R on USB

Adraen

Still Fresh
Hi everyone,

I've been working on a circuit for a project, however, I'm having some trouble with a FT232R (USB to UART) chip. I've been reading the forum to see possible issues with USB it has been pointed that the ehci was disabled in the latest firmware so the first step was to enable it:

Code:
sudo modprobe ehci-hcd

This fixed the first usb issue and mounting a USB stick is not a problem anymore.

After some more research it looks like two other modules are required:

Code:
sudo modprobe usbserial

sudo modprobe ftdi_sdio

This load perfectly well but doesn't change anything, when I plug the circuit I get no device enumerated when using lsusb.

I checked and the chip is USB 2 full speed compatible. It also works perfectly fine on my pc.

Anyone having a solution, idea, experiencing the same problem ?

Regards

Not that I spent too much time looking into this.. but isn't there a difference between USB 2 full speed and high speed? Isn't the Pandora USB 2.0 High Speed only? Have you tried using a USB 2.0 hub?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.. Just throwing my first thoughts out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay so just tested with the USB built into my screen and it works fine ... It's not required to load the usbserial and ftdi_sdio a ttyUSB0 is added automagically.

Cheers, should have been more careful with full speed and high speed ... I knew this at some point but it's not the kind of stuff that stays up there for too long :) .

Back