front page

christo930

I was wondering if the front page is going to stay 1024 width? My computer runs at 800x600 and is too small to look good at 1024 and so I have to scroll back and forth to read the front page. Maybe it could be designed for 800 width, especially since the Pandora is 800 width.

Thanks,

Chris

christo930 said:
I was wondering if the front page is going to stay 1024 width? My computer runs at 800x600 and is too small to look good at 1024 and so I have to scroll back and forth to read the front page. Maybe it could be designed for 800 width, especially since the Pandora is 800 width.
I was wondering why this is too, since the standard width for web pages is 960 pixels (or fluid width, of course).
I'd also like the front page to be revamped, but that will only happen (as stated previously) when the Pandora has been released and the devs have more time. As it is now, there isn't really a lot worth reading on the front page anyways.

Hells_Dark said:
dflemstr said:
christo930 said:
I was wondering why this is too, since the standard width for web pages is 960 pixels (or fluid width, of course).
:|

you mean 760 ?
960 including sidebars, 760 for only the main content. Or that's what I've seen most often, anyways, and the official frameworks like Lift templates, Drupal core themes etc all use that width.

dflemstr said:
960 including sidebars, 760 for only the main content. Or that's what I've seen most often, anyways, and the official frameworks like Lift templates, Drupal core themes etc all use that width.

960 is pretty standard. Any desktop computer or laptop sold in the last decade should be able to manage 1024x768.

Heh... couldn't we use Fennec on the Pandora? I thought it had zooming? :D

Kramy said:
dflemstr said:

960 is pretty standard. Any desktop computer or laptop sold in the last decade should be able to manage 1024x768.

Heh... couldn't we use Fennec on the Pandora? I thought it had zooming? :D
Hope so. Its auto-zooming capabilities seemed nice when I tried it out.

Just make it fluid, best of both worlds (doesn't look tiny on a 19"+ monitor).

Hessiess said:
Just make it fluid, best of both worlds (doesn't look tiny on a 19"+ monitor).
Try to convince an inexperienced, or even an experienced web developer to use em's and percentages everywhere. And I haven't even mentioned "negative margin" handling yet...

But let's stop complaining, it will be sorted out sooner or later.

Back