Front Page News

Paradox

oh em gee
Website
Visit site
i dont know where else this should go..but here it goes.

this has been pissing me off for quiite a while now, but i just couldn't be bothered to make a post about it...until now

look at the frontpage on these new topics..

GP2X / XGP General and Development Forums Posts
Phamicom-gp2x V.0.2 (0) (started by: madelman)
Static Sterm (0) (started by: Jacxz)

when you click them,

Board Message
Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again.

what the hell? did they disappear or something? its really frustrating to say the least, especially when the topic looks interesting and you really want to read it..

I am sure that when you post a news article it doesn't post because it needs a mod to clear it first. A personal message gets sent automatically to Hando and Evil Dragon and perhaps others? Once they have read the news article they post it up on the forum.

I agree it is frustrating to see an interesting post and not be able to read it, in fact I just went to read the Phamicom post. But I guess it does mean that only relevent posts make it as news.

no, GP2X / XGP General and Development Forums Posts dont need to be validated, they automatically get put up there when a new topic in that forum category is created, its front page news like:

Sudoku v0.1 released (gp2x)
by EvilDragon @ (02:38) 12 Jan 2006

which has to be validated personally and put up there

Why does your topic say front page news then? :p

I'm still holding out for the Phamicom post appearing in the news forum. we really need a mod to clear this up though as I suspect my speculation hasn't helped any.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back