from bmd32

coolgpguy

Website
Visit site
this is a quote from bmd32
Hey guys this Bmd3287. Here is the thing: Last night while I was sleeping my stupid brother got on my computer and I guess he figured it would be fun to create his own account and say some stupid stuff. well, while I was sleeping he managed to create/respond to 60 posts in a few hours. I guess he was banned because I cannot access gp32x. there is no menu in the upper right hand corner and It will not let me sign in. wherever I go on the site this is what it says:[Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, you are not permitted to use this board]

yeah, the help files say the same thing. I really need help here. The name he created was Hazuki2K4 if that helps at all. I guess you guys can recognize my network cuz it doesnt work on any of my computers. I am asking someone else to send this for me since I cannot read the posts or forums. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP! My email is Bmd3287@adelphia.net
so hopefully someone on the xtreme team could help him out :huh:

Damn, he got screwed over
I'd suggest 2 things:
1) Have him severly beat his brother with a bat till he says he is sorry
2) the latter, but replace the bat with a horribly sharp and painful stick of death

that just sucks ass though, stupid brother of his

Ask him if he likes Shenmue....... The real spammer would never be able to say he hated Shenmue. If he says its crap, then they must be two different people! :)

This guy also was near to get ban from this board (the same kind of spammer as his 'brother' ;) How we can be sure that his 'brother' wont do it the same. Sorry, but what was done in this case cant be undone.

it would be a bit pointless just banning one user, as they could just sign up again! It probably bans the ip address he was using, meaning all communication with that pc

But isn't that useless too?

My ip changes everytime I connect to the internet.
So banning my curent ip won't help u, because I just reconnect and voila, here I'm again.

I was spamming a forum once (my home-town forum :D bastards!) Anyway they banned my ip like 10 times, and I just reconnected and I was back again. Either the webmaster didn't know how to ban a whole range of ips, or since it's a home town he didn't want other's to lose access. Hmm, but for people like whats-his-face's case, maybe building in a post limit per day would be of help? It probably would be a pain in the ass to put in, but think about it, it would be quite useful. And depending on your post count, it will allow you to post more? Eh? Eh?!

thats still messed up because i know he has a brother <_< and that would suck if i had no way of gettting back on this website on any of my computers

It's always a difficult thing to decide, but usually is very well justified. Basically - spammers are often there just to get post counts up, and deleting a user, even if it means they have to reregster and can carry on, definitely discourages this, as post count will then return to 0.

You guys - not always IPs are banned. Most forums with particularly good servers will allow hostname banning. Okay looking up the IP and converting it to a hostname adds a little more load on the server, but allows whole ranges of IPs to drop. Most hostnames relate to geographic locations so a single exchange, region or state could be banned in one go.

People with dynamic IPs are not ban-immune!

People with dynamic IPs are not ban-immune!
Didn't think that.
Just wnated to know HOW that works. Thanks for the info.

But isn't it than possible that when for example i got banned my friend, who lives only a few houses away from me and is also a member on this board, gets also banned?

This wouldn't be fair. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back