Frodo

mark1980

Still Fresh
sorry if this is the wrong place to post this how do you load rom on this frodo newest version Frodo_20110703
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/59598-frodo-c64-emulator/page__st__30

i have made a roms folder with some roms in it in the frodo folder with .tap file extension unzipped.i load frodo up then press 1button to get to options i use the attach image/load prg/sna... option by pressing B'button then i pick my rom by pressing B'button then im stuck. ive used the load first program option,then i get this

ready

load"*",8,1

searching for *
?device not present error
ready.
run

ready.

and ive tryed the other load option load disk browser but i get a simalar mesage below

ready

load"x",8,1

searching for x
?device not present error
ready.
run

searching for $
?device not present error in 10
ready.

any help load my games/roms would (is there any known working games i should try first that are working ?) be most greatful

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn´t try the new version, yet.
If I remember right load"$",8 opened the disk-directory. Give it a try (as I can´t for myself today), but maybe I´m totally wrong!?

You say, you want to load a TAP file, right? TAP stands for Tape, tapes on the C64 were loaded with a simple

Load

or

Load"*",1,1

the

Load"*",8,1

was used to load from floppy.

what is the file extinsion for c64 floppies is it .NIB like tapes are .tap

mark-s said:
what is the file extinsion for c64 floppies is it .NIB like tapes are .tap

Most diskimages come in the D64 format, maybe there are others, I am not aware of right now, but D64 is the common format.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for your advice guys ive got it working,the games and frodo that is.it turns out someone are something changed the file extencions on my rom games colection and frodo could'nt find them there now the d64 standard.and the sit where i was getting the games roms which i own was also giving me strange file extensions like .tap for tapes and .nib for floppies .told the site and got the game roms from some where else that work great

PS. what are your guys fav games for frodo
i like mario,jet set willy,giana sisters,batman to name but a very SMALL FEW

I like almost every EPYX Game. Impossible Mission, Summer Games I+II, Winter Games, etc.. and the Cosmi games (forbidden forest) ...and Aztec Challenge ...and Pitstop II ...and Beachhead ...and Raid over Moscow ...and countless others

Back