Making .t64 And .prg Files To Use With Frodo

0-bake

hi,

i have some games for frodo in .d64 format. this is a 170Kb disk image, but many games on these images dont use the hole space.
i saw, that .t64 files (i guess tape files) just use the space the files on it really need.

the question is: how can i make .t64 files of my .d64 files
and how can i make .prg files, if the game just have a single .prg file?

it would save many space, so i'd be happy, if someone could help :)

ps: and of course, i have already searched for existing .t64/.prg dumbs, but there are still some games i have, stored in .d64 images....

hi there, that's a good idea

.prg is the best for the gp32 - single file loading games with the smallest 'image' size

.t64 - only best for multi-load games for cassettes

.d64 - some games still need this - multipart/disk dependant etc

the tool you need is called star commander. it's shareware and you can find it at http://sta.c64.org/sc.html

it looks dos-ish but runs fine in win xp

you will need to extract the single files from your .t64 images to have a standalone .prg (only really saves about 1kb of space !) - but hey... let's do things right here ;)

you should also be able to extract the single file d64 images, something which can be handy is filling a blank d64 image with games which are disk dependant or have disk saving options if you really wanna get freaky with the space save issue

and *the* place to get games from - and to do any kind of comparison against - is the number one database in the whole of emulation world - http://www.gb64.com/

I've been trying to use star commander (ahh fond memories of norton commander!) to extract the prg files which I created using an action replay memory dump, but they don't seem to work anymore - seems they need to be attached to a disk, even though the prg file should be self-contained...

anyway it's a cool utility, maybe one day we'll have some updated action replay support on frodo.

mmmm -_-

Back