Fresh Blank SD card slot 2

H

hakmanplayer

My friend told me never to put a new, blank sd card in one slot with a full sd card in the other slot.

In other words, I have a pretty full 16gb SD card in slot 1 of my pandy and was wondering if putting a brand new, empty SD card [8gb] into slot 2 would corrupt anything?

I think my friend is preparing for APril Fools day but now I am slightly paronoid about this simple feat!!!

please reassure this potential fool :huh:

Last edited:
My friend told me never to put a new, blank sd card in one slot with a full sd card in the other slot.

In other words, I have a pretty full 16gb SD card in slot 1 of my pandy and was wondering if putting a brand new, empty SD card [8gb] into slot 2 would corrupt anything?

I think my friend is preparing for APril Fools day but now I am slightly paronoid about this simple feat!!!

Hi

How is putting an empty card in the other slot going to do anything ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Complete myth. Your April Fools' Day guess is probably accurate - it very much reminds me of the sort of forwarded e-mail scare stories that kids would send around back in the late 1990s.

Ask yourself, why on Earth would something like this do anything? ;)

Complete myth. Your April Fools' Day guess is probably accurate - it very much reminds me of the sort of forwarded e-mail scare stories that kids would send around back in the late 1990s.

Ask yourself, why on Earth would something like this do anything? ;)

Gravitational instability causes the cards to distort, always have even storage load on both cards, or you will get distortion and data corruption!

</BOFH>

And then an ambulance being driven by a funny cartoon turtle will quickly drive across your screen, and if you don't double-click on it five times before it disappears, your computer will be infected by a virus!

Last April fools he put a sack of dog poop in front of my door then called me and told me my lawn was on fire!

Back