Freezing

bhess

Website
Visit site
So I've has my unit for a few days now and it's great except for one pretty major thing. Whenever I am playing a game, it will freeze after playing for a few minutes and I have to restart. Anybody know if I can fix this, because it's really annoying. :angry:

I've already considered batteries as a possible problem, as I'm using 5 year old 1800mah NiCad's I've found around my house (2900 mahs are on the way). I'm just about to reinstall the firmware. And what was that program that tells you your highest stable overclock?

It's almost certainly the batteries.. wait till you try the new ones before messing with anything else.

BTW - All the mAh rating does is dictate how long they last. There's nothing wrong with using less than 2500.

5 year old 1800mah NiCad'

Theres your problem, rechargables dramaticaly lose thair power over such a long time, you can be lucky that it works at all :)
Have fun once your new batterys arrive.

subcon959 posted on Oct 28 2006 at 03:56 PM said:
Fishbong posted on Oct 28 2006 at 04:39 PM said:
Cervante posted on Oct 28 2006 at 05:53 AM said:
you shouldnt use anything under 2500mAH
Why?
Cervante posted on Oct 27 2006 at 04:06 PM said:
I dont know im 10% facts & 90% bullshit
Allright!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm..compare em to the old batteries, put them next to each other.

If they are the same size then check the battery connection terminals on the gp2x (or those metal things where you put the batteries ..errm I don't know the technical word for it lol)

Those might be out of place or loose. You can externally fix it by pushing it back into place or adjusting it accordingly. Someone on another thread dropped their GP2X and those battery terminal things were out of place, and once he adjusted them again ,it worked. So try that.

Back