Freeloader laoding... =\

argh! this thread is giving me an unbelievable headache just to read. Whoever thought getting a freakin' handheld device to start up would cause so many problems (and I thought flashing a GBC card was a pain in the ass!!)

I got a GP32 on the way and I am still sketchy with all this stuff being bandied about.. "firmware, bios, mr spiv, freeloader, windups, bananapie, overclocking.." YAHHH!! Can someone, out of the kindness of their heart, write a simply-put (yet detailed) step-by-step to get this thing out of the box and running an emulator?

or at least, what should i NOT do??!

good luck every body..!!

(can you imagine buying a NES back in 1987 when you were 12 or whatever, and after taking out of the box having to install all manner of system crap just to get it to run duck hunt!! games would probably be a lot less popular..)

It must seem like that ralp99 but honestly the GP32 is not always a problem like this. Our friend bannanapie here just rushed in a bit quickly and flashed his bios with the first version of pacrom he found. Even in this case the problem was not the end of the world.

If you want an easy life just get the free launcher and leave the bios flashing alone. Instructions for all the processes involved with setting up the GP32 are easy to find...
If your GP32 is on the way use this time to research what you have to do when it arrives, it is really not too bad. :D

yeah, I admit I was in a hurry, but still..need a simple and detailed tutorial on this forum. I was looking for a suitable fx file for ages =\ (well..only really 2 hours)

for ralp99's benefit:

you DON'T need to do ANYTHING messy to get an emulator running. when you open the box with the GP in it,

1) go to http://english.gamepark.com, register, go to the download page and get the authentication tool and the driver.

2) plug the GP in, switch it on, tell windows where the driver is.

3) hit select a couple of times and start to go to file transfer mode, run the authentication tool, switch off the GP.

4) download PCLink and the newly accesable Freeloader

5) Switch the GP back on in file transfer mode, run GPLink, and choose "install" from the file menu, pointing to the Freelauncher .fxp

6) take whichever emulator you downloaded. if it has a .fxe, put it in GP:\GPMM. if it's a .fxp, install it. read the readme for rules on where to stick ROMs

7) go to www.entware.com and buy Moviepark cos it kicks booty and costs under £4

--jo "directhex" shields

Back