Freeloader laoding... =\

&^*#&^!!! figured it out..installed pacrom..now I have nothing on My SMC card =\ after formatting it in pacrom that is..tried to acess via the gamepark link host..but guess what? My original Bios is gone therefore..no link withought it!! =((( now I guess I have to buy a SMC reader \ writer.... (still banging head on wall and trying to kill the little pac man on the screen saying nothing in SMC)

still banging head and looking through the small menu of pacrom..would be useful if I had a properly formatted SMC card in which I could use to run different bioses...=\ almost gonna cry..brand new GP32 and nothing to do but wait for a week to get a SMC card reader/writer..while I wait...is there anyway to format a SMC card to GP32 format outside of the link software? if so how do I do/use/install it?

Well im going to wait for the official firmware release now ive seen all these problems. ;)

bannanapie, turn on your GP32 then plug in the link cable, then select link mode on the pacrom front screen. Then open PC-link on your pc.

What happens?

Oh wait..link mode...there is no link mode! :( only FIle manager, Tools, and options...I just need a SMC reader / writer to add on freeloader and a new bios..hopefully I can reflash..again...hmmm...also seems that I need to install some programs like freeloader but unfortuantely I can't install withought first being connected to my PC link...dman...singles that out unless I can get someone to write my SMC card for me.

Wow that seems strange?

I Know it's annoying to ask you when you've obviously already tried everything but are you sure there is no "link mode" in any of pacrom menu's?

Maybe you're using a different pacrom to me but it seems strange. :blink:

There is NO linksoftware in my pacrom....wierd...but umm..is there anyway to install .fpk files outside of the linksoftware? as i'm going to buy a SMC reader/writer...so yeah...I need to know. I might be using a slightly dated version of pacrom..I don't know I got it off this site. Respond ASAP as I'm going to pick up the reader / writer afterschool today..gotta go to 2nd period now =\...as a last resort type of thing, can anyone install things for me on my flashcard if I mail it to you? I'm willing to pay $$ to whoever can...

Did you install just the pacrom firmware or mr-spiv's multi-firmware (http://www.deadcoderssociety.tk) ??

TFC

I think just the pacrom...again..if possible to install .fpk and zpk files or whatever on a SMC reader/writer plz tell me =\

I wouldn't have thought you could install fpk's without using the pc-link software but you should be able to reflash.

I recommend you get a second opinion from someone who has experience of using a card reader though. Don't spend money based on my advice.

Sounds like you've got v0.02?
It might be a good idea to find out exactly what version it is so other new users can be saved this hassle.

yeah, it was version 2 off the official pacrom site. Don't use version 2 for anyone who wants pacrom, use version 3. Check before dl, and I can still flash if I use a SMC card reader/writer if I put the files into the corect directories? If I can then I don't need to install freeloader as pacrom already has freeloader I assume? I dunno but again..last option if all else fails I'll pay$$ to whoever can flash my card and install freeloader and other things I need...can't let a $181.00 console go down the drain after the first 3 days! =\...anyways, if I can reflash using pacrom..then plz tell me what files I'll need to dl as I think I'll put pacrom version3 on it...I'll need the bin file..from where? and the other file that goes into GPMM from where? Plz post some links =P I wanted to save some hassle by dl the package from pacrom site but I got version 2 instead =\

The files you need will be in the same place you got the wrong ones.

If you can create the GP32 directory structure on the SMC then the GP32 should read the card OK. Find out what files you need and put them where they are supossed to go.
Presuming v.002 of pacrom has the same file manager as v031, you won't need the free launcher so a card reader should be enough.

I'm sure someone here will correct me if I am wrong.

All this information can be found easily, but I recommend Dark Faders site.

Remember to slow down and work out what you need to do slowly and with caution. It's easy to rush ahead and forget small details which then cause big problems.

I should know. :D

alright, when you press formatt on the Pacrom does it formatt via GP32 specs? or does it simply erase the card..?

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that... where's gurtygurt when you need him? :)

If it does though, that's most of the work done. You just need to follow the instructions to install pacrom. It won't matter wether you're flashing the original bios or an old pacrom, the process is the same.

So when I reflash my bios, I use the pacrom .31 beta or whatever? thats the bin file...what should I use for the fx or whatever file? since pacrom is multi loading..do I haveto install the pacrom fx file or the original bios...? Details still unclear to me..and a second screw up would mean certain death =(...Someone should write up a tutorial for n00bs like me so others don't make the same mistake I did..thank God I think I can take the bios back...

The risks of flashing are normally different to the problem you have...

I don't use the multi-firmware, just the normal pacrom, the one I believe is called v.031. The process will surely be the same as you used last time but check out some of the topics here to make sure. There have been quite a few threads on this topic so you should find better help than I could offer you.

yeah, the reason why I can't PC connect is because of Pac version 2 not 3...I think thats the prob so I'm going to attempt to flash version 3 then reinstall the original firmware via PC link from the pac version 3 menu. From there...I think I'd be able to be back on track where I should be :D of course the risk of flashing always remains and there is a chance that bad things may happen on my 2nd try flashing... :(

YES!!!! I reflashed with Mr. spivs new combo now I have ultimate system and it all works! thanks to everyone who posted on this thread I really appreciate it. Time to try moviepark... =))))))) :D

Back