Free To Use Music

chaozz

Still Fresh
I've been active in the mod/s3m tracker scene, and as a result of this I have a huge amount of music laying around. I've put up an archive with what I consider to be the best modules of Tall B (my friend with whom I made music under the name X-pression) and me.

You can find them here: http://www.chaozz.nl/?fileid=10

They are free, but still, all songs are copyrighted by Tall B and me ofcourse. Feel free to use these tracks in your games, and mention where you got the music from.

Have fun with them.. :D

Thanks Chaozz. Just having a listen now - they sound great. I'm sure I'll have use for some of them in my projects.

I'm really hoping that someone will use the Forgotten Creek (CREEK.S3M) in a game.
Very catchy little tune that reminds me of something.. but I can't for the life of me remember what :(

Cheers for allowing the devs to use these chaozz. I hate seeing things like this get wasted & forgotten about :)

Doh I noticed that they are in a big zip. I think the zip is over the individual upload size (the transfer would time out)

If you don't mind upload some/all of the songs individually it would be great.

All Fenix coders pay attention!

I`m sorry, but using tracker (? mod, it, s3m) music causes increasingly slowdowns on the 2X due to a bug in the SDL_mixer.dll used for the Fenix runtime. So they are practically unusable (thats why Ghostpix came without music)

I thought that was the case but I'm sure there are freeware tools that can convert them to ogg.

Ofcourse you can convert. You can even convert online. It's pretty basic. Browse for the s3m file on your pc. Select the input format, which is s3m.
select the output format, .ogg. And have it convert it on the go. It takes a few minutes, but it's free and it works.

The url for conversion: http://media-convert.com/convert/

Many thanks chaozz, I know just the project that's in need of music right now :) Thanks again, be sure I'll let you know beforehand when I'll use any of these songs :) You're very generous!

I can't wait to see (or should I say 'hear') one of mine or Tall B's creations in a game on my GP2X.

chaozz said:
They are free, but still, all songs are copyrighted by Tall B and me ofcourse. Feel free to use these tracks in your games, and mention where you got the music from.
Awesome stuff, how would you prefer to be credited?

Last edited by a moderator:
Somewhere in your game-credits just mention "Music by chaozz.nl" or something.

chaozz said:
Somewhere in your game-credits just mention "Music by chaozz.nl" or something.
Hey, used two of your songs in TileWorld2X.. thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back