Free programming books

Nice, you just don't see manuals like that any more. I just had a browse of the machine code book, and it explains some pretty complex concepts, but with cartoons that are clearly aimed at the sort of age of kids you'd never consider teaching such stuff to these days.

oh wow, brings back memories.... I remember those critters!
Just downloading it for the cover page... ah... memories.
I had these books in spanish language.

Right now FANATICAL is giving 4 programming (and game development) books for FREE !!!

1694452645449.png

Thanks, the functional programming book might be interesting for me. And wo knows, there may be something interesting in the other books as well.

Unfortunately I came to late for the books from the first post, the links no longer work ...

Thanks, the functional programming book might be interesting for me. And wo knows, there may be something interesting in the other books as well.

Unfortunately I came to late for the books from the first post, the links no longer work ...
Try again, the deal is still advertised, I was thinking there were new books, but the store tells that I already have them, so it's still the previous giveaway.

Oh, I meant those 80ies books from the starting post:
I came across this here, just the art work makes it worth downloading :)

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/02/09/usborne_programming_books_now_free/
The links from that page no longer work. (Took me a while to figure out that these were children books, so not sure I have much use for them ... on the other hand, I might finally understand some of the low-level stuff xD)

I managed to get the 4 books from fanatical in time :)

Back