Free as in Freedom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exophase said:
I'm going to port software to Pandora that won't be GPLed. GASP

Discuss.
High five. no seriously, some people take closed source software way too seriously.

PoisonedV said:
Exophase said:

Discuss.
High five. no seriously, some people take closed source software way too seriously.

But then we can't new releases. You know with lazers, spotlights, flashy seizure indusing gui's, etc. Can't forget letting you know it was hacked by 'l337c0d3r cul7 cr3w 08' then maybe 'accidently' leave off the original coder. I love those.

FireHazard51 said:
polkunus said:
I'm confused in why would he want to do all this?

Read Free as in Freedom by Richard Stallman here at http://oreilly.com/openbook/freedom/. You'll better understand why, maybe not completely, but better than before.
It still amazes me that anyone actually cares about anything that crazy neckbeard says. Open Source is nice like Communism is nice--it's a great idea -in theory-. Independent games and emulators or other such applications would benefit from being open source, I'll give you that. But when I hear someone complain about Photoshop not being open source I just want to punch them in the face. Photoshop has reached the level of usability it has because people have to PAY for it, so they can afford to pay programmers to continuously develop it. Hobbyist programmers have accomplished some rather impressive things, but it's at the expense of their own time, which they often have little of because of having to work another job since their programming doesn't earn them anything. If they would just ask money for their work they could easily replace their other job, giving them much more time to work on their programming projects and thus creating much more progress.

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.

greenmikey said:
PoisonedV said:
Exophase said:

Discuss.

But then we can't new releases. You know with lazers, spotlights, flashy seizure indusing gui's, etc. Can't forget letting you know it was hacked by 'l337c0d3r cul7 cr3w 08' then maybe 'accidently' leave off the original coder. I love those.
do you read your posts before you post them? I know, sometimes I forget too :(

I'm going to lock this, because its purpose has been served and the information is out there, and we now have textbook trolling going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back