Fpu Test

Good job! I'm very excited. I'm curious as to what the framerate was, seeing as how those emulators are all running around 200fps.

Also, would it be possible to either find someone with a nice camera, or get some help from one of the other devs to make a higher res video? I'm very thankful to you posting this video, but I'm just sort of hoping that we could get one with a little more clarity.

emil10001 said:
Good job! I'm very excited. I'm curious as to what the framerate was, seeing as how those emulators are all running around 200fps.

Also, would it be possible to either find someone with a nice camera, or get some help from one of the other devs to make a higher res video? I'm very thankful to you posting this video, but I'm just sort of hoping that we could get one with a little more clarity.
Wasn't that the FPS in the bottom right corner?

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
God Ginrai said:
emil10001 said:

-God Ginrai

The numbers on the bottom right were usually around 20-30 and peaked at a bit over 40. Unless there is a lot of frame skip that looked a lot fast than 20-30 fps.

SOLGarion said:
God Ginrai said:
emil10001 said:

-God Ginrai

The numbers on the bottom right were usually around 20-30 and peaked at a bit over 40. Unless there is a lot of frame skip that looked a lot fast than 20-30 fps.

I think we were looking at different videos. o_O I saw mostly above 70 and the occasional 36.

-God Ginrai

notaz said:
I had some trouble adjusting my webcam for this video, dark places were too dark and bright too bright to see anything, so the quality is quite bad, unfortunately.
Instead of filming the Screen with a Camera, you could use the Pandora Video Out maybe? So we have a 1:1 Video of the Game(s) and we trust you that the Stuff is running onto original Pandora-Hardware. ;)

Impressive Speed by the way. Was this at 500MHz? And how complicated is it to activate all the nice OMAP Hardware features that make 3D Games even faster?

God Ginrai said:
SOLGarion said:
God Ginrai said:
emil10001 said:

-God Ginrai

I think we were looking at different videos. o_O I saw mostly above 70 and the occasional 36.

-God Ginrai

The FPS is lower in the second part of the vid because there are bots on the level as well and actual shooting + explosions.

Tripmonkey_uk said:
The FPS is lower in the second part of the vid because there are bots on the level as well and actual shooting + explosions.
That's fine with me, it's the other guy who was saying that that wasn't the FPS.

-God Ginrai

De-pyramided - Chip

God Ginrai said:
Tripmonkey_uk said:
That's fine with me, it's the other guy who was saying that that wasn't the FPS.

-God Ginrai

De-pyramided - Chip

Wasn't starting an argument or aiming it at anyone, just telling it like it is ;)

I wasn't sure if it was the FPS either with it only saying around the 30 mark later on in the video. I just checked and noticed that it was actually two separate vids.

30 FPS on a map with bots etc. on is still damn impressive on an unoptimised port :D

You can run Q2 smoothly on the Zaurus cxxxx series at 320x240 so I know this isn't pushing Pandora one bit. I'm waiting to see Q3 GLes @ 800x480 through TV out!

So are we still missing ALSA (or OSS) support for the Pandora sound chip or you using an old kernel notaz?

fusion_power said:
Instead of filming the Screen with a Camera, you could use the Pandora Video Out maybe?
That would require soldering the board and writing code for TV-out. I'm not even sure the mk0 can do TV out at all.

danboid said:
So are we still missing ALSA (or OSS) support for the Pandora sound chip or you using an old kernel notaz?
I'm on older, but stable 2.6.22 kernel.

Does the new kernel have sound support then?

Apart from TV out and power management what other important Pandora hardware support is missing from the latest kernel? Sound? Wifi? USB2 host?

hmm the DSP can do optimised floating point operations would that be applicable in this situation? i was reading through the TI site and there are acouple sets of libs that implement floating point operations in C

also from what i gather it should be at least 4 to 5 times as fast a floating point operations ~3000 MIPS vs 600MIP for the omap (those are really rough guesstimates btw)

It would be interesting to know the exact model of the DSP since i can't find anything other than it is a Davinci and in the C64x+ series

Hmm, looks like I was half asleep when I first saw the video. Shopping around for a wedding venue for two solid days with the fiance, then discussing with her parents really took it out of me. =)

Anyways, when I looked today, and checked back in here, I now see the framerate. Which looks really good, btw.

And I'm looking forward to those High-Res vids later this month. =)

cb88 said:
hmm the DSP can do optimised floating point operations would that be applicable in this situation? i was reading through the TI site and there are acouple sets of libs that implement floating point operations in C

also from what i gather it should be at least 4 to 5 times as fast a floating point operations ~3000 MIPS vs 600MIP for the omap (those are really rough guesstimates btw)

It would be interesting to know the exact model of the DSP since i can't find anything other than it is a Davinci and in the C64x+ series
The OMAP3530 DSP is a C64x+ so it has no hardware floating-point, only fixed-point :)

Back