Fps Counter For Next Gpdoom?

Billy Lee

Craig, as you said Doom runs at 60fps at 166MHz with music turned off, could you possibly add an option to display the fps on the next version of GPDoom (if you're doing one) because I'm still not convinced mine runs at 60fps.

Why don`t you make one thread instead of three about gpdoom?
This is really spammy <_<

And since all your questions are adressed to Craig, you could have just pm`ed him...

Agree about the multiple threads about the same subject, but regarding PM'ing Craig... you can't. I've tried to PM him in the past and I guess he has his account set up to not recieve PM's at all, so bringing it up on the forum is the good option.

who needs to run Doom at 60fps anyway???? 30fps is more than enough :p

I explained in another post that it does not run at 60fps its throttled by its own design, it will run at 60fps if you disable that but the game itself is running too fast (you push up and you fly forward far too fast).

Its already over clocked slightly to give 35fps-ish. (it should go faster than the pc one if you run them at the same time doing the demos, gp32 will pull away slightly)

The Doom engine is only designed for 30fps (If i remember correctly) or so, it is running as fast as it is designed to - the same as on a PC, although some of the doom2 levels probably slow it down.

V10beta is the fastest version. Disable *music* (not sfx) and it will run the fastest, if you compare it to the lowres setting there isn't much diffrence.

I have thought of a simple way to speed it up more but I need to catch rob on irc.

EDIT: I have deleted some of my PM's, the mail box can be used again.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

As far as I remember, there already is an FPS counter in gpDoom. Hold down "Select" while you press "Start" to start the game, and see what happens.

I know the code's in there, it's just a matter of whether it's enabled in v10 :)

As far as I remember, there already is an FPS counter in gpDoom. Hold down "Select" while you press "Start" to start the game, and see what happens.

I know the code's in there, it's just a matter of whether it's enabled in v10 :)

Is there any way you guys could add a gamma setting like the PC used to have with multiple settings? As it is now even on the "original PC" the black levels are just too bright giving a grey background rather then black. This makes the colors look very washed out and hazy on the BLU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back