Found An Interesting Library... Will It Work?

geckojsc

I recently discovered a very nice and simple looking library called SFML (Simple and Fast Multimedia Library). It does basic things such as displaying graphics, opening windows, and playing sounds. So, I just wondered whether or not it will work with the Pandora. It is stated that it works with Linux, but the one thing I don't really get is: if a library or open-source project works with Linux, will it almost definitely work with the Pandora after getting modified or ported?

Sorry if I sound a bit noobish, I'm no expert in this area.

Gecko.jsc said:
I recently discovered a very nice and simple looking library called SFML (Simple and Fast Multimedia Library). It does basic things such as displaying graphics, opening windows, and playing sounds. So, I just wondered whether or not it will work with the Pandora. It is stated that it works with Linux, but the one thing I don't really get is: if a library or open-source project works with Linux, will it almost definitely work with the Pandora after getting modified or ported?

Sorry if I sound a bit noobish, I'm no expert in this area.

There are a lot of things that would need to be checked
1. Is it portable across arch (i.e its not x86 only)
2. What software dependencies. Pandora may not support them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, so it would be better to learn how to use SDL instead. When we all get our Pandoras, I'd really like to try out SFML just to see if it works, because I really like the look of it!

That reminds me, are we going to have OpenAL? I tried it once and thought it was pretty cool, and it looks like just a software layer over ALSA or something, but since you mentioned it...

I guess we have, I have been using it for the last version of my PSP emulator and use it in my games too.
Its really common so I think we will have it. However, I didn't enable audio when testing on the beagleboard yet.

JayFoxRox said:
I guess we have, I have been using it for the last version of my PSP emulator and use it in my games too.
Its really common so I think we will have it. However, I didn't enable audio when testing on the beagleboard yet.

It will work, i built it for something on the wiz or pandora

Last edited by a moderator:
Back