Formatting Sd Cards Without An Sd Reader?

Jaw

*Real* Arcade Gamer
Website
www.gamersglory.co.uk
hi, having trouble formatting sd cards. one of my sd cards is corrupted and needs a reformat, but there is no way in winxp to do it, format says it's not formattable, and there's no options on the gp2x i can find.

anyone able to help?

nice one, mkdosfs started to format :) cheers!

I have a warning about cheep SD cards on Ebay. I got my 2gb Sandisk card and everything worked until i tried to format it to fat32. I couldn¨t do that i just got an error saying it got a I/O error.

I got in touch with Sandisk support and got a mail after a few days saying that the card wasnt made by them. So i did some searching on google and found that there is a lot of very cheap fake SD cards that is reprogramed to look bigger then they really are.

So dont try to get the cheapest card you can find on Ebay. I couldnt tell the difference between a real and a fake card. And mine came with the "orginial" box and everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend was very pissed off when he realised his 1GB USB Flash disk that he got for £5 in China was actually only 16MB. :p

No, magnets don't erase data on an SD card (trust me), and any magnet you would have in your home couldn't destroy data on a hard drive, only the industrial degausers found in university and law enforcment settings will... (hard drives have huge magnets IN them for christs sake)...

But yeah, i bought a 2gb sandisk off of ebay, for $112 shipped (how much i originally paid for my 1gb MS Duo) and it's perfect as advertised... do you guys actually research the seller before buying?

Back