Forgot my laptop

mrcranky

Still Fresh
I just got to work and realized that I forgot my laptop at home. Luckily, I did remember my Pandora! I don't have much work today that requires a computer; however, I'd like to be able to log on to my work domain to get on the network shares. Can anyone tell me how to log on to a Windows domain with my OP? (I do have a USB ethernet attachment that works great with my OP.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be able to use the app included with the system called "Gigolo". I've only used it once but as I recall you just fire it up, click connect, select Windows share and fill in the information.

Thanks. I didn't know about that. Been using the OP with a USB keyboard & mouse. If I had a TV out, this would be a much easier day at work. Never thought that I'd be using my OP as a work computer.

On that note can I get Microsoft office on the Pandora ? Thank you much in advance !

not easily id imagine :p , but you can do word proccessing and spreadsheating easily with abiword.pnd from the repo, and gnumeric from opkg. also depending on how much time you have you can get all of libre office via pandebian, but i imagine that might take too long to set up.

not easily id imagine :p , but you can do word proccessing and spreadsheating easily with abiword.pnd from the repo, and gnumeric from opkg. also depending on how much time you have you can get all of libre office via pandebian, but i imagine that might take too long to set up.
Well that was a fast response ! T hanks

Has anyone tried the Windows 95 version of Microsoft Office with Qemu? it may run alright..

I have it on floppy disk somewhere in my house.. now to find a working floppy drive..

thats what i was wondering, thats why i said not too easily, should be possible shouldnt it? might take forever to load though :p

Shoud be bearable when you run Office for win 3.11.

Microsoft Office, lol. If you can give me the source code, I'll do my best to port it ;)
Oh well you see I'd use it for work when riding shotgun or sitting on the couch - id rather use a Pandora vs full size laptop as that would be the only reason why I'd buy one ( the laptop ) you see my school on big fancy projects thinks they need to decide our fonts not sure if the Pandora's work stuff would have the same fonts ( I have not yet purchased the Pandora as I live in a rural area and am weighting for wifi to become available here which last time I checked should be in 2 months I know you don't need wifi to use those Work features but for me to surf the web from the couch I need it ) We have a desktop just I'd prefer to type on the go then take a break to indulge in a bit o quake then back to work I go - all while riding shotgun without having to buy a decent full sized laptop in other words the Pandora suits my needs better than anything else thus far .

I work about a 40 minute drive from my home so it wasn't worth going back!

Windows 95 on the Qemu doesn't run too slowly. Bootup takes a couple minutes. I haven't tried to run Office yet, but I did get the Neverhood playing, but at 800mhz, it was just a bit too jerky. Wonder if the Neverhood can run perfectly on one of the new 1ghz units/

Back