Football Manager V1.0 Released

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Another port by Jonn Blanchard, this time, he ported Football Manager by Paul Robson, which is a remake of the old Speccy-Classic.

34667_thumb.jpg

Download: Football Manager v1.0
Homepage (Original Version): http://freshmeat.net/projects/footballmanager/

I love this game on the Spectrum and this is a fairly faithful remake that doesn't require a keyboard. It could do with some volume control and the removal of the mouse pointer though.

Well the Speccy version was the original and best version. Loved this game back in the day, funny how basic it is (and obviously written in basic !) but this was the first football management game i ever played and back then it was soooooo addictive !!

WhizzBang posted on Oct 15 2006 at 11:41 AM said:
I love this game on the Spectrum and this is a fairly faithful remake that doesn't require a keyboard. It could do with some volume control and the removal of the mouse pointer though.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Update is waiting to be submitted, removes the pointer and adds limited volume control (VOL UP/DOWN - but doesn't always work at the mo).

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, since you have reverse-engineered the whole thing, how about adding some features? :D

- tactics
- a better transfer system
- stadium upgrades
- the kitchen sink

:D

Nemesis/112 posted on Oct 15 2006 at 11:07 PM said:
WhizzBang posted on Oct 15 2006 at 11:41 AM said:

Ask and ye shall receive.

Update is waiting to be submitted, removes the pointer and adds limited volume control (VOL UP/DOWN - but doesn't always work at the mo).

Thank you! I have only just seen that you released a new version of this, and I have often played this over the last few months with my fingers over the speakers to keep the noise down, not realising there was an update.

Great work by the way. This and Tilematch are my favourate homebrew games on the GP2x.

Edit: One thing I have noticed that I thought I would mention: Spurs are rubbish, but they are professional enough to know that the players should be standing on the pitch, rather than 15 yards behiond the goal. I think Tottenham even adopted these "stay on the pitch" tactics before the 80's so this does not happen in Kevin Tomms original game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back