Flv Player?

dooglex

Still Fresh
How about a way of playing the videos you can get from youtube and other streaming sites that come as flvs?

I searched the archive but couldnt find one.

You mean you want a flash player. Search the forums for that to find the answers. (Someone has written one, but I think it's very incomplete).

No, they aren't flash files. I think he means a player that can play them directly without converting them first on a converter.

I found an Addon for my girlfriend that either download the .flv or directly exctract the .avi inside them.
Btw it's for Iexplorer but I think you can find one for Firefox.
You can play the .flv with... A FLV player :eek:

Miika said:
No, they aren't flash files. I think he means a player that can play them directly without converting them first on a converter.
and how did you find that out? Every FLV file I've stumbled across is actually a flash file.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's something I didn't know! I downloaded a standalone flash player, and it extension support included .flv, so I assumed flash.

Doh!

Squidge said:
Miika said:
and how did you find that out? Every FLV file I've stumbled across is actually a flash file.

I see you already got it. Well I have got that Macromedia Flash MX editor/maker whatever, and VNC player plays them fine so... there is no reason they should be flash files, the youtube player is sure flash but it just connects to the video files and plays them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back