Flashplayer2x V0.2

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
nmn updated his Flashplayer for the gp2x to v0.2

flashtest.png

This release adds sound! However, loading is pretty slow... takes about 1 - 2 minutes to load the included Super Drunk Mario Brothers video. Transparency is included as well :)

This looks like a really promising project :)

Download: Flashplayer2x v0.2

Nanaca crash won't work. I'm looking into that, seems to skip the initialization frame because of an interpretation error. In other words, its either obfuscated in which case i will have to sharpen up the interpreter, or its just plain unimplemented

Nmn, hats off to you. I have a half-ported version of flash for the gp32 but I abandoned it due to its heavy reliance on linux packages, especially for fonts and sound. I do remember managing to speed up the loading though, as I had exactly the same problem.

Flash is somethinf dear to my heart, as I run a Flash Lite mobile game development studio, and before that we were an online flash game studio.

are there any plans with this project to be able to play .flv files? I realize that .swf is different, but read that you can create an .swf file with the video portion being an .flv This would be wicked to view friend's homemade movies on my gp2x. Awesome work btw!!

are there any plans with this project to be able to play .flv files? I realize that .swf is different, but read that you can create an .swf file with the video portion being an .flv This would be wicked to view friend's homemade movies on my gp2x. Awesome work btw!!

It would be very slow. You have to make a separate player for that, however it won't be very fast for these reasons:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?s=&am...st&p=473082

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm stuck right now, some problems with JPEG. I know nobody would mind if i just made the error not appear and i worked on more important stuff (Like having filter support, sound syncing, some minor layering bugs...)

if ANYONE knows anything about this jpeg error, feel free to post in the jpeg thread.

Back