Flahing The Firmware

kotd

Hey newb on this one what does flashing the firmware do exactly? And what is it used for?
Thanks

Oh ok so what can I get as an alternative and are they better than the standard firmware?

My question is if you can store multiple firmware on the system why would you flash it? I can see going directly to the firmware of your choice rather than coming up in one youi dont want and then swtching later but is there some other meaningful benefit?

i have my fw flashed. and i boot from windups.

you put on your gp32 and have a windows-surface. i just click on an icon and the prog is launched.
that is much easier than boot up the 'original' firmware with logo,blabla, start freelaunch and then chose a proggie, isn't it?

ahh, breathless....

Euro fw is excellent. especially with all the new progs. But if u have the time flash all the Fw's and see what u like, just save the org. fw on ur cpu for backup.

-Matt

Gorillazero posted on Feb 6 2004 at 03:49 AM said:
Euro fw is excellent. especially with all the new progs. But if u have the time flash all the Fw's and see what u like, just save the org. fw on ur cpu for backup.

-Matt
Actually it has some rather bad compatability problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Swiss_Cheeseman posted on Feb 6 2004 at 04:31 AM said:
Gorillazero posted on Feb 6 2004 at 03:49 AM said:

-Matt
Actually it has some rather bad compatability problems.
care to name a few ?

Hooka posted on Feb 6 2004 at 06:55 AM said:
I'm pretty sure somebody told me gppang doesn't work with the new firmware

Yeah, I heard that too. But he said the new firmware had RATHER BAD COMPATIBILITY PROBLEMS. I wouldn't call 1 program not running bad compatibility. Thats why I asked him for more examples.

It might help others to provide a list of applications or programs that have difficulty under that firmware.

iv installed euro-fw for two mounths now, and i havnt find a prog that dont run with it... and iv tried LOADS of progs... so

I use Aquafish's mutli firmware, but when I go to launch a game or other program I use the Euro Firmware, so far, I haven't came across anything that doesn't work properly and I've tried a lot of homebrewn stuff and 1 commercial game.

i recommend aquafishs mfw when you use a smc writer/reader as there could be problems when trasfering files with pc-link, but with smc writer youre fine (and the fw ROX, i just love launching gpdoom in a few seconds B) ) :p

but when you have no smc writer, i recommend multifwv2.

Back