[Fixed] Broken shoulder button

XavierBlak

Still Fresh
I got my shiny new pandora just the other day. Booted up and having a blast messing around with it but I noticed my right shoulder button didn't really seem to move and sometimes it wouldn't trigger and sometimes it would stick. So I did a little searching and saw some people saying there are some foam peices that some times move. So the fix it to open it up and adjust them.

Sadly upon opening the case I see that this fix won't work for me. The physical microswitch has no clicking action. The left one is fine and clicks away but pressing on the right one does nothing. Looking at the button itself it looks like it's been replaced once already due to extra solder and dried flux on the pcb.

I'm hoping for a easier fix than having to send it back to craig and wait weeks before I see my pandora again. Any suggestions? Anyone replace there own shoulder button? Help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Whelp. I ended up taking matters into my own hands. I ordered a switch from digikey and swapped it out.

I played a few games and everything looks good. The part I used was KT11P2SA3M34LFS. As far as I can tell that's the same part used originally.

If anyone else needs to do the same the hardest part is going to be removing the old switch. Probably your best bet would be a using a heat gun to remove the switch. I did it with a solder iron but it wasn't fun. Soldering the switch on isn't too bad. Just line up the pads put a little solder to tact it in place and then solder the rest.

I had a similar problem today, but the button still worked, only the solderjoints came off the board.

I made a little video on how to fix it.

Hope this might help others:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/_Lj8mDvFFqU?feature=oembed

Disclaimer: I am not responsible, if you fry your Pandora in the process or anything. It worked for me though ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The best tool I've found for removing soldered in parts is a Desoldering iron:

Desoldering%2BIron%2B2.jpg

RadioShack sells it for just under $12.

it works wonders for remove and repair work and for salvaging parts from circuit boards.

Back