Not your typical shoulder button problem...

MrChops

My left shoulder button quit working. However, it still clicks the same as it always did, still has great travel, and still has great feed back. It just no longer communicates with the pandora. Not in emulators, terminal, or anything. I was playing psx when it happened so i figured it must be software related and with hf6 being released I decided to reflash. Nothing, still doesn't work. :(

Any ideas? I had one of the old pandoras with the crappy shoulder buttons that had very poor travel 2 rmas back. That was an easy fix. But this newer rma unit has a completely different shoulder button problem. Is it possible that it lost connection somehow? It certainly was not abused.

Sorry I can't offer much real help but a few questions spring to mind.

Did the Left Shoulder button stop working suddenly or was there a gradual process where it got worse & worse.

Have you tried removing the battery for 10 minutes?

Have you used the Pandora input tester to check that the button is not registering?

It went out suddenly.

1st thing I did was remove battery and replace, although I only waited about a minute.

What input tester?

The Pandora ships with an 'input tester' (sorry, I don't know the exact name of it), but if you look under either system or accessories, it should probably stand out.

It's a screen with the buttons of the Pandora laid out, so if you press one it'll light up on the screen. So if you hit your left shoulder button and it doesn't light up with the rest, it means that the left shoulder button isn't registering a press. Which of course is the assumption, but this would prove that it's true.

ok tried the input tester, doesn't work in that either. I had to restart to get out of the program since exit is L1+R1. No way I want to send in my pandora again and not see a returned rma till February or later. Anyone have any other ideas of what to look for in software or hardware? This really stinks. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back