shoulder button contact pads

maxxdoutvdub

Still Fresh
so i know there are already threads on fixing shoulder buttons, but what do you use to fix yours??? my left button came with no pad, i fixed it initailly with tape and there since i have used 3 different types of foam. the last highest density foam i used worked great till i put it in my case then it crushed and wouldnt fully return. strange i know but what do you use to make your super clicky????

My unit also arrived with a squishy shoulder button - and no foam at all on the left button. I took the foam from the right button and cut it in half, and used the resulting smaller pieces; works a treat :)

I also had to trim some plastic off the button internally as there was no way it would fit as it was. There didn't seem to be any manufacturing defects as far as I could see (I used to work in plastic injection moulding), it was just a design issue to start with. A small "bar" of plastic was contacting the case and preventing the button from returning proud and held the button in enough to "click" the contact switch but not enough to cause a contact - hence no "click" until I shaved 1mm off that bar.

D.

just a random side note. last week i took two little pieces of opaque scotch tape and rolled them, cut them down, flattened and stacked them... so clicky the wont even look at you in public ;-)

Back