First Edition Gp2X: Worth Much?

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by DynaMight, Dec 13, 2014.

1. DynaMight

DynaMight Member

Hi guys

So the story goes, I pre-ordered a GP2X back in the day, one for me and one for my brother. I loved mine and basically upgraded to the Pandora (when they eventually made them :) ). He didnt use his as much and I have it now.

It's a first edition with box & manual, not sure if it originally came with a power adaptor or not. Currently has firmware 2.1.1 on it.

How much do you think its worth?

Thanks

Tags:
  2. iprice

iprice Certified Guru

There's a GP2X on eBay right now - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GP2X-Black-Handheld-System-/261695967081?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item3cee4b8f69

Follow that and use the final sale price as a rough estimate. I'd be surprised if it went for more than £60; they are still in demand, but not as much as they were or as much as the white F200 or Caanoo. I'd expect anywhere between £40 and £55, depending on extras (SD card (with games/apps on), cheap adapter etc.)

3. DynaMight

DynaMight Member

Cheers buddy, I'll keep an eye on that auction.

4. alxm

alxm Still making GP2X and Pandora games, stay tuned!

Make sure to keep the 2.1.1 firmware, it's second only to Open2x. Every newer official GPH firmware is slower and takes longer to boot.