Firmware 2.0.0 Released!!!!

I notice very much sound decrease with music :S Haven't tried anything else yet, exept Quake2X. In that game the volume is also very low...

There is a "sound restriction" (or similar) option in the menu where you are able to turn it off, the sound should be louder then, but GPH advises not to use earphones when this option is on, cause your ears might get hurt.... *g*

skeezix posted on Apr 28 2006 at 05:59 PM said:
Sounds pretty straightforward; upgrades fine from 1.2.1 (and 1.0.1 etc etc) I presume? You don't need the start/select pressing except with 1.4?

I'll install tonight!

I tend to stick with stock OSes in my gadgets, so I'm assured maximum compatibility with my software I release, so no cramfs here..

jeff
Updated mine from 1.0.1 without any problems, apart from it tends to hang on the green 'now loading screen' so i just restarted it whilst pressing start and select and it moved on to second final part of the installation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol.

My power adaptor moved approximately 0.1s into the flash.
... my '2x is now bricked T_T

i finally got the guts to update my firmware as well, the instructions for this upgrade seemed easier to me for some reason. anyways i was at the original 1.01 firmware, i feel so much better, i was so scared of bricking my gp2x lol.

EDIT: I robbed an old lady who happened to have a Sandisk 64 MB card and the update worked :D
No i've lend it from a friend :D.

bye bye

Hello everybody,

Can someone please answer these questions?

1: Do I need a Firmware flash compatible card? if yes, wake up robster and let him create a alt. firmware updater, if no....

2: how can I do the update, I've gone through the new manual and stuff.... no luck however.

Many thanks in advance.

cheers,

Wes

Wes, yes you need a firmware-compatible flash card. I don't know of any other way to flash without it currently.

On a side issue - maybe it was just me being dumb, and this has been mentioned before, but I couldn't get the settings in 2.0.0 to "stick", particularly the Network settings. It seems that to leave the settings screen, you must press the joystick down (joystick click) rather than using X or Start, otherwise the settings won't be saved. Now I have a networked GP2X :) Works a treat.

Tony

well i used a 128mb sd card formatted in fat32 like you are suppose to. i didn't check to see if it was compatable or anything. i followed the instructions from the official site, downloaded the zip, put the files in the root file on my sd card, fired up my gp2x and held start and select buttons like the instructions said, and it started doing the firmware update. go to the official site and go to support and then on the left click firmware and utility and then click latest firmware 2.0.0 and follow the instructions on that page. that was long lol.
http://www.gp2x.com/

Guyfawkes posted on Apr 28 2006 at 03:24 PM said:
I just released a new quick update to the GP2X User Guide for updating the new firmware and also a brief overview of the new features. More information at http://www.emuholic.com/.

See now what should have happened is that GPH give GuyFawkes the update a week or so before due, you create the installation notes from their docs/notes and provide back an offical realease instructions doc. Then upgrade your manual with it. GPH include their 'written by you offical notes' and your full document inside the zip of each release.

This would be good for GPH as they get good instructions with no japish/koeish transalations and you get the honor of your full manual included...

GPH should really re-print/license yours/employe you and include it in the box.

it worked
power on + press start and select
10 sec for firmware
then you will get the green screen, power off and wait 15 sec
power on + press start and select
patching takes 1,5 min.
formating takes 2 min.

grts,

NaCCuRiT

btw really fast booting time!

Nice!... ah but now I have a reason to format my 2 gig card >_>....
*gets to copying over his files, and researching how to format to fat-32 on a mac*

I format fat32, copy all files in the zip in sd card and reboot.
Nothing...
try again and pres start+select.. nothing, stil last firmware (1.4)
I try look in the root directory: gp2xboot.img and gp2xkernel.img are gone other files are syill here.
I Don't have a Firmware flash compatible card, my last firmware update was made with a program.
What can i do ?

DaviL posted on Apr 28 2006 at 07:36 PM said:
Nothing...
I try look in the root directory: gp2xboot.img and gp2xkernel.img are gone other files are syill here.
I Don't have a Firmware flash compatible card, my last firmware update was made with a program.
What can i do ?
what i did
power on and after 1 second I hold start+select in for some seconds

DemonStar55 posted on Apr 28 2006 at 03:44 PM said:
I think I might upgrade, this will work from 1.2.1 correct?

without going to 1.4.0
Go for it. It's a complete update. All of them have been.

NaCCuRiT posted on Apr 28 2006 at 07:53 PM said:
DaviL posted on Apr 28 2006 at 07:36 PM said:
Nothing...
What can i do ?
what i did
power on and after 1 second I hold start+select in for some seconds

Nothing, I don't see any upgrade screen.
I try 10 times pres select+start or not, all times gp2xboot.img and gp2xkernel.img files disappear from my sd card after restart.

I can't help u sorry, maybe it's your sd card.
I used for upgrading 1.2.0 to 1.4 Transcend 1 gb 45x
and now my platinum (toshiba) 1 gb card.

whoooo!!! Everything went great and now im a proud owned of a gp2x running FW 2.0! YAY!

btw, I like the gay little jingle during boot up. I think it's pretty kool.

Anyway, I guess I missed this, but whats going on with the web server? What do I have to do to access the web from my 2x?

Back