Firmware 2.0.0 Next Week!

It is good but the current private beta which is floating around (released by some spanish scum as a torrent) is seriously unstable.

Wait for the final version - we won't replace gp2x's bricked by the private beta 2.0.

The reason i'm a little pissed? The GPL thing.

craigix posted on Apr 24 2006 at 08:59 PM said:
It is good but the current private beta which is floating around (released by some spanish scum as a torrent) is seriously unstable.

Wait for the final version - we won't replace gp2x's bricked by the private beta 2.0.

Haha... you seem to attract spanish scum ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
does anybody know if robster will make a flasher/updater for 2.0.0 it saved me alot of grief on 1.4.0 as my SD wont autoflash

craigix posted on Apr 24 2006 at 03:59 PM said:

wait so you're saying with the final release if we brick our 2x's by accident you would replace them?

If so, you are a great man Craig :)

since firmware 1.4.0 seriously messed up my gp2x, i truly hope this new firmware will get my gp2x back to normal :/

as a sidenote, it would be great if the cpu speed utility graphical tool could be compatible with this new firmware...

thelamer posted on Apr 24 2006 at 01:30 PM said:
What does extension of using time mean ?? Just better battery life ?
That's the way I interperted it, which is going to rock. Battery life (as it is now) is, in my opinion, the biggest drawback of the GP2X.

hmm if it could flash the firmware's from my sd card will it be able to flash u-boot ? i presume so but i'm just a bit worried into bricking my gp2x but i still like to have the new features

If you can update the kernel (the first screen that says 1.4 or whatever on it) without Rob's updater, then you should have no problems updating uboot.

This time, 2.0 is being tested by lots of people before being released publically, so hopefully not so many bricks will be made.

It will be well worth updating.

From an early post I got confused about the U-boot.

Will I have to update UBoot anyway, or just if i'm using open2x etc(i'm not)?

Why, out of interest, will this firmware update require u-boot to be upgraded? I thought it and the rest of the firmware were separate. And I really don't want to give up the sensible nature of Art103's non-auto-flashing one. Is there any real reason why 2.0.0 would be unable to boot with that u-boot?

And if so, how soon, I wonder, can we expect Art's wonderful changes to be patched back in...

Don't worry about updating U-Boot... I flashed the U-Boot of over 200 gp2x now, and it never failed.
It only fails if you turn off, have a faulty SD Card filesystem (so format before you flash) or weak batteries.

BTW: The new U-Boot does not autobrick anymore, as you need to hold START and SELECT while turning the gp2x on to flash :)

Back