Firefox

divadsci posted on Apr 11 2004 at 07:38 PM said:
i have broadband and i dont want it to connect as soon as i turn on my pc.
don't you have a broadband modem? if so just turn it off, and then turn it on when you do things.

Now if it always is on and going through LAN, and IE says open page to connect to the internet, your always on the internet then. You can set windows to not automatically have lan, but i find turning your modem off better, that is if you have only one computer connected to the modem.

Mozilla=the awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
now that i use mozilla i don'y know how i survived without it.

its fast efficent small full of features tabbed browsing neat download control password filler in and pop up bloacker

and its not in your face all the time like ie.

Made the change a couple of months ago and so glad i dumped ie, much nicer.
Although still have ti use ie occasinally as not all websites appear to b 100% compatible with it,

Delsabre posted on Apr 11 2004 at 12:52 PM said:
I use it sometimes, the best feature is pop-up blocking I'd say. And tabbed browsing. ( right click, open in tab... )

Just try not to use its downloader too often, its buggy. <_<
If those are the things you want him to like it for, he may as well just use SlimBrowser (like me), a tabbed browser with built-in pop-up blocker that runs offa the IE kernel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get the Tabbrowser Extentions extention for FireFox :) It makes it even better. All I need is something good that I can use the scroll wheel to switch tabs (there is one extention like that, but it opens a little menu until you select the one you want instead of actually switching the tabs :()

glad to hear you're all into this fine browser, I've been loving it since this version was released.

having a few problems at the moment tho, seems that since I installed blackbox (4win) none of the plugins or themes will install... will have to reinstall it, or maybe try removing blackbox... ho hum

it does rock tho

Back