Finished Case Photo!

DroneB Dev said:
MWeston said:
DroneB Dev said:
sorry i got hyped by the photos,

yet i really have to say that all that OP Team has said boout this is dont worry, but i have my reasons to be worried
even if it is not silkscreen (they can also use tampography or even hot stamping)
the matte endings usually get the printing blurry, and the position of the inprints is hard to reach by automated methods
I have taken your words and questions very seriously and have asked them over and over if our silkscreen layout was okay. I even took pictures of the Pandora renders with silkscreen and covered it with red arrows and text asking "is this okay?" "is this too close to an edge?" "can you print in a recessed area?" and I keep getting the "yes, it is okay" response. I'm sure they will find something and have to fix it but they keep telling me it is okay. That's all I can do until they actually try to print on it. Let's hope that an error takes a very short time to overcome. If it is going to be a real hassle, Craig wants to just drop the silkscreen perhaps to work it out later. Nothing says first batch like such a difference in labels so that is one way your unit will stand out from later ones. Please understand that just because you don't get a response to all your repetitive questions, you can assume that no one is paying attention. ;)

*first of all tnx for the response, i apreciate all of your efforts
*second sorry if i went annoying xperience taught me be pushy even if it is annoying if you want things to get done
*third i wouldnt mind dropping some of the hard to print parts but i think it would be better to leave some silkscreen at least (the back panel for example since that one seems the easiest to print)
*fourth please leave the special first batcher(or logo) somewhere it really gives it a special flavor (i really dont like the idea of no silkscreen version, since you can get that by using a pair of drops of paint remover)
+1! I agree with you, I would realy apreciate my pandora to have silkscreen on it. It just makes it look more like a videogame system/portable computer with the silkscreen. Without it it looks too plain and kinda cheap like you bought it at walmart in a plastic box for ten bucks... no offence to everyone who likes the silkscreen less look but I would rather make it look more hightech then lowtech :)

Last edited by a moderator:
frostedfires said:
DroneB Dev said:
MWeston said:
DroneB Dev said:
sorry i got hyped by the photos,

yet i really have to say that all that OP Team has said boout this is dont worry, but i have my reasons to be worried
even if it is not silkscreen (they can also use tampography or even hot stamping)
the matte endings usually get the printing blurry, and the position of the inprints is hard to reach by automated methods
I have taken your words and questions very seriously and have asked them over and over if our silkscreen layout was okay. I even took pictures of the Pandora renders with silkscreen and covered it with red arrows and text asking "is this okay?" "is this too close to an edge?" "can you print in a recessed area?" and I keep getting the "yes, it is okay" response. I'm sure they will find something and have to fix it but they keep telling me it is okay. That's all I can do until they actually try to print on it. Let's hope that an error takes a very short time to overcome. If it is going to be a real hassle, Craig wants to just drop the silkscreen perhaps to work it out later. Nothing says first batch like such a difference in labels so that is one way your unit will stand out from later ones. Please understand that just because you don't get a response to all your repetitive questions, you can assume that no one is paying attention. ;)

*first of all tnx for the response, i apreciate all of your efforts
*second sorry if i went annoying xperience taught me be pushy even if it is annoying if you want things to get done
*third i wouldnt mind dropping some of the hard to print parts but i think it would be better to leave some silkscreen at least (the back panel for example since that one seems the easiest to print)
*fourth please leave the special first batcher(or logo) somewhere it really gives it a special flavor (i really dont like the idea of no silkscreen version, since you can get that by using a pair of drops of paint remover)
+1! I agree with you, I would realy apreciate my pandora to have silkscreen on it. It just makes it look more like a videogame system/portable computer with the silkscreen. Without it it looks too plain and kinda cheap like you bought it at walmart in a plastic box for ten bucks... no offence to everyone who likes the silkscreen less look but I would rather make it look more hightech then lowtech :)
Well, would you want it if it turns into the mould fiasco all over again? What if the silk screen takes 6 months to get just right, would you be willing to add 6 months onto your wait? That's what is being discussed, yes it will look better but if it's a problem will it be worth the wait?

Silk screen is just a bonus, not a necessity. All buttons/keys are marked, enough to use, the lights might be unmarked but do you really want to wait longer to know what the lights are or could you just look in the instructions once and have it in your brain?

Confirmed Pandora wont have Silkscreen and they will ship out with ASMO design Decals

DroneB Dev said:
Confirmed Pandora wont have Silkscreen and they will ship out with ASMO design Decals
What is ASMO? Is this techno gibberish for people that work in silk screen?

I just don't think waiting for silk screen is worth it if it's a problem. Knowing that the cases are done and sitting in China while they are trying to figure out how to get the silk screen correct would be too much to take. They are extra, maybe those that would wait could cancel their order and order on the next batch.

you should change to "who is asmo?"

well he made our waiting less painfull for a while
http://pandorapress.net/2009/10/28/retro-pandora-makeovers-we-wish-were-real/

there are even newer ones on
http://gs113.photobucket.com/groups/n213/I0S2J7KION/

i believe he stoped it when he reached dreamcast

DroneB Dev said:
you should change to "who is asmo?"

well he made our waiting less painfull for a while
http://pandorapress.net/2009/10/28/retro-pandora-makeovers-we-wish-were-real/

there are even newer ones on
http://gs113.photobucket.com/groups/n213/I0S2J7KION/

i believe he stoped it when he reached dreamcast
Ok, yeah, the Atari one is totally awesome. I'd order a second case for that. Wonder if anyone would actually do this? How hard is it to silk screen, you seem to know a lot about it DronB. If you have access to equipment you should have a custom service where people order a second case and have it sent to you or something.

Yeah, I could totally go for the Atari one.

actually i dont have nor a single machine(all i've got is a 400W lamp to reveal photosensitive chems.), but im used to these process, since i make my own stamps and screens for PCB designs plus my work as a translator has provided me tons of practice about these they even once let me play with a brand new YAG laser since i was translating all the manuals and operation tags (so much fun that one i even been able to design laser engraved keyring and also my aluminium Personal Card (my most precious card in my wallet).

if i had 25k at hand i would have bought that machine in order to work as an laser engraver service

btw confirmed thing is just a joke please dont take it that serious also because those are just photoshoped mock ups

DroneB Dev said:
btw confirmed thing is just a joke please dont take it that serious also because those are just photoshoped mock ups
I realise that, but man, that Atari one I would send in my case to a silk screening company to have that done. The SNES one is cool also but you would need a white case.

gimme a green light and my Bday would be all done for today

just thought I repost this for good measure :)
UPS 2009 Holiday Schedule
In the United States, UPS observes the following holidays:

Memorial Day - May 25, 2009*
Independence Day - July 4, 2009*
Labor Day - September 7, 2009*
Thanksgiving Day - November 26, 2009*
Day after Thanksgiving - November 27, 2009**
Christmas Day - December 25, 2009*
New Year's Eve - December 31, 2009**
New Year's Day - January 1, 2010*

In addition, the following holidays are recognized, but not observed:

Martin Luther King Jr. Day - January 19, 2009
Lincoln's Birthday - February 12, 2009
Valentine's Day - February 14, 2009
President's Day - February 16, 2009
Washington's Birthday - February 16, 2009
Ash Wednesday - February 25, 2009
St. Patrick's Day - March 17, 2009
Passover - April 9, 2009
Good Friday - April 10, 2009
Flag Day - June 14, 2009
Rosh Hashanah - September 19, 2009
Yom Kippur - September 28, 2009
Columbus Day - October 12, 2009
Veteran's Day - November 11, 2009
Hanukkah - December 12, 2009
Christmas Eve - December 24, 2009***

* UPS Express CriticalSM available 365 days each year
** Delivery and pickup of air and international packages only
*** Regular delivery day; pickup of air and international packages only

craigix said:
j.pickens said:
I'm guessing that right about now, there is a completed Pandora in MWeston's lair.

He might have several by now.
Well, he posted the photo of the completed Pandora at 10:16pm by my East Coast screen clock, so I was pretty much spot on with my 10:06 pm posting.
YAY!! More PHOTOS!!!

j.pickens said:
I'm guessing that right about now, there is a completed Pandora in MWeston's lair.
dsc01715f.jpg

Back